mizuna

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

coquille

Assistant Cook
Hi guys,
I'm back and as usual need your help in finding a site :LOL:
What I'm looking for is a site on which is clearly explained what , for example is mizuna or bok soy or tat soy, mainly the asian vegetables thet grow in the california area. I'm trying to get farmers in my neighborhood to grow new kinds of greens instead of the traditional ones because if they don't find something new, I'm afraid they won't make it !!! The dutch governement is busy kicking all the farmers out of the country and i for one won't take it !!!
Thanks Inez 8)

Welcome back!

There is stacks of information on the internet about Asian vegetables. This is quite a good one,

http://www.growinglifestyle.com/s/Asian_Vegetables/

And has links to other websites with information. Also if you go to our friend Goggle and type in asian vegetables + agriculture you will get more technical sites, mainly Australian, that raise some of the issues regarding the commercial aspects of asian vegetable production and marketing information. For most of the vegetables it gives the Dutch name of them, which may prove useful to you.

http://www.nre.vic.gov.au/trade/asiaveg/thes-00.htm

This is a fantastic thesaurus, that lists Asian Vegetables I had never heard of and gives pictures as well.

I agree we have to help our farmers where we can, diversification, the buzz word of the agricultural industry, is the key. My grandfather was a very traditional Australian sheepfarmer, who had to sell his farm when he got melanoma from spending all his hours slaving for little money in the hot sun, as there were no cancer treatment centres in his area. Unfortunately his farm was sold to a huge company and has lost its identity. Nothing of my family, that had it for generations, remains there now.

Why are they kicking farmers out of the country?? That is horrible!
5.gif

that's a lomg story sushi... basically they need the land for housing because we are getting overcrowded so the land is worth a lot of money

Sounds just like Portland....
4.gif

I used to be waving to cows and llamas within 5 miles of the city...no more now just houses houses and more houses.....

Grrr, sounds like Johnstown, too. Columbus is expanding and I've seen many brick "facade" houses popping up around the area. Fight the good fight and support the farmers. Columbus is pretty much a case study in urban flight around these parts. Nobody seems to care about the farmers anymore. :x

Back
Top Bottom