Crockpot Cherry Pork Chops

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AllenOK

Executive Chef
This one sounds interesting. I may have to fiddle with it, though, as I'm not sure I have cherry pie filling, but I do have some dried cherries. Maybe soak the cherries in chicken stock, and possibly use a cherry liqueur to flambe with?

Cherry Pork Chops
Yields: 6 servings

6 pork chops, cut ¾” thick
¼ t salt
¼ t pepper
1 c cherry pie filling
2 t lemon juice
¼ c chicken stock
1/8 t ground mace

Trim excess fat from pork chops. Sprinkle each chop with salt and pepper.
Brown pork chops in hot skillet with butter. While this is cooking, combine cherry pie filling, lemon juice, and ground mace in crockpot. Stir well and set aside. When the chops are browned, place the chops in crockpot. Deglaze the pan with the chicken stock, and add the liquid to the crockpot, along with the reserved cherry mixture. Cover. Cook on LOW for 5 hours.
To serve, place chops on platter. Pour cherry sauce over the pork chops.

Hi Allen,

Perhaps you can make your own "cherry filling" for this before you put it in the crockpot using fresh cherries, if they are available. You may find that the pie filling is too sweet.

Off the top of my head:

fresh cherries
sugar
fresh lemon juice
water
dash cinnamon
some cornstarch or arrowroot

slow simmer in a pot, using the thickener to give it some body until bubbling and the cherries are soft but not mush. Adjust with sugar to your sweet-tooth :chef:

Chris

I am such a sucker for any meat dish that includes fruit...this one looks great Allen!

I've revived fruit in stock before for pilafs, it realy imparts a lovely taste - they aren't quite the same as fresh or tinned, but if you don't mind the slight difference it can be very nice.

Back
Top Bottom