Meat Sale

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Constance

Master Chef
The only grocery store we have in town is Walmart, so when we got a flyer in the paper from a small grocery store with a real butcher in a nearby town, advertising a meat sale, my husband decided to check it out.
He came home this morning with a whole boneless rib-eye for $4.99 a lb, pork loin chops for $1.48 a lb, whole cut-up chickens for .99 a lb, some nice ground beef for $1.68 a lb, and their own market made Andouille sausage and brats for $1.29 a lb. Everything looks lovely, and the freezer is now re-plenished, except for the venison that he'll be bringing home after hunting season. The venison probably costs $20 a lb. by the time we pay for hunting liscense, deer permits, ammunition, guns, etc. Then there's the beer and food for deer camp...:ermm:

We used to have a great butcher shop in town, but they have closed. You can really get some great deals. Wish I had an extra storage freezer to stock on meats when they are on sale. Your huband got a great deal!

We're thinking more and more about getting a small freezer for the garage for times just like that! We don't have any small butchers around any more but there are some great farms in the county north of us that sell organic beef and chicken for the same price of the lesser-grade stuff at the grocery store. Problem is you have to buy larger quantities and I just don't have room for it.

You'll have to keep your eye out for the next time that butcher has a sale, Constance!:)

Back
Top Bottom