Uhh.. does the bus stop here????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DugDbold

Assistant Cook
Just joined. Looking around. I started cooking with my wife about six months ago. Seeking a common interest. Something we could do together [she is a terrible golfer]. Found a home... :]

I am an IT Mgr by trade. Eater by necessity. Chef by choice. I found cooking to be a great blend for me and my wife.

Recipes are like 'programs'. They can be modified, backed up, organized, analyzed, and codified.

Glad to find forum for my rants.... LOL

Doug Diebold
Kentucky

Welcome doug to DC! I'm sure you will like it here ;o)
It's quite strange to hear cooking referred as to a program... :rolleyes:

Glad to have you here Doug. That is very cool that you and your wife are cooking together!

Wow, the only time my hubby will cook, is when I have bacon on. I like it extra crispy, he doesn't and he knows that if he wants it the way he likes, he darn well better cook it himself:LOL:

Hope you hang out a while, invite your wife to join too!! There are a few couples here that share DC too.

15.gif

Thanks for the welcomes. I live in Kentucky so y'all [plural of yall] will get lots of Southern Fried recipes from me... :] I have gotten my wife to begin to measure out the old family favorites when she prepares them. Comfort food... Corn Pudding, Ham stuffed with kale and onions, chili with SPAGHETTI, fried eggplant, squash casserole...etc. I'm working on a cookbook of all of those old favorites that were always a "handful of this, pinch of that, splash of something else...... " Will be fun to share that around.

3.gif
Can't wait!!

My stepdad was born and raised in Peducah before moving here. Funny, there were 9 kids and all of the boys say they don't know how to cook except outside. I think they were pulling our legs!! That many in the house, you learn to fend for yourself.

Welcome Doug,

always glad to meet someone new...I know you will enjoy DC, everyone is friendly and helpful and lots of fun...
kadesma

DugDbold said:
Just joined. Looking around. I started cooking with my wife about six months ago. Seeking a common interest. Something we could do together [she is a terrible golfer]. Found a home... :]

I am an IT Mgr by trade. Eater by necessity. Chef by choice. I found cooking to be a great blend for me and my wife.

Recipes are like 'programs'. They can be modified, backed up, organized, analyzed, and codified.

Glad to find forum for my rants.... LOL

Doug Diebold
Kentucky

Doug Its That, and a whole lot more , Welcome to Your New Home. Grab a Cup of Your Favorite Drink, Kick back and enjoy the Best Site There Is ! Welcome Home !:chef: James

LOL... first try at this...Squash Casserole

As requested... :] Don't know how to attach files here yet so it's just a copy/paste. This has been a family gathering specialty for years. My wife's mother had it on an old yellowed 3 x 5 card but nobody needed it anyhow... ;]

Summer Squash Casserole
Pat Diebold

Her mom.
Servings: 6

Preparation Time: 30 minutes

Start to Finish Time: 55 minutes
Squash baked with eggs, cheese and bread crumbs.

This can be prepared the day before. Either bake it then and just reheat, or bake it just before

serving.
2 medium summer squash, peeled

1/4 cup milk

1/2 cup bread crumbs

2 tablespoons butter

1/4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded

1 large egg

1/4 cup onion, chopped

6 slices bacon, crumbled
Cut squash into 1 inch chunks. Cook in skillet over medium heat until tender. Salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.

Mix the next six ingredients [milk through onion] and beat together until well blended. Add squash.

Pour mixture into a buttered baking dish and bake at 325 F for 25 minutes. While the casserole is baking fry the bacon crisp and

place on paper towel to drain.

Remove casserole from the oven and top with bacon crumbs.
Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 158 Calories; 10g Fat (57.5% calories from fat); 6g Protein; 11g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 53mg

Cholesterol; 263mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain(Starch); 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 1 1/2 Fat.

Ps....

In case anyone wondered about my little "atavar thingy" it's because my wife says the kitchen always looks like somebody dropped a bomb in it after I get done.... :angel:

LOL.. it's "Paducah". But you were close. As for your brothers, it's a guy thing. We all claim to be experts on the grill. That's so we don't have to help clean up the kitchen. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom