define your personality

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luvs

Master Chef
what is your personality like? i'm curious. you pick up on certain things and get an idea as to what other people are like, but i'm interested in what you think defines your personality.
people repeatedly comment on my personality traits. i think i'm a very calm, go-with-the-flow sort of person - sorta hippie-like- (as i've recently said, it's like i'm underwater sometimes cause i'm so calm. not that i'm always calm, of course.) but that's sort of contradictory, seeing as to how i'm extremely perfectionistic. i hear that i'm sweet very often. i have also heard rather often that i'm pretty assertive.
i'm also determined, stubborn, and very intellectual. how would you best describe your personality traits?

Last edited:
Forthright, kind, approachable (so says my students!) I hope that I am mindful of others' feelings.

Tender hearted {that is a bad thing sometimes} friendly, very talkative, inquisitive and a worry wort!!

What a neat thread idea luvs! :)

I would say that I'm quite shy, but at the same time I like to crack jokes and stand up for what I believe in (I've been known to be called stubborn, but on the whole that trait has served me well, I think). I'm a total home-body through and through. I'm very romantic, sweet (IMHO), sensative (lol, I'm a major movie crier, heck I've even shed a few while watching an Eminem music video that showed clips of his home movies), caring, nuturing, understanding, tolerant and patient. I like to be very organized, but I don't per se plan every moment of my life - I just loath clutter and mess (not to a Monica from Friends level, that's just :wacko:), and I like to think I'm a bright :idea: but who am I to judge that :LOL:

I tend to scare babies...seriously...When I saw my nephew for the first time, he cried. :( :LOL: I'm also known to be mean and kind of aggressive. This is only because I speak my mind and try not to be fake. I never say I love or like anyone unless I KNOW FOR SURE 110% that it's true.

Let's see, I was known as the Little General in high school:LOL: That give you a clue?:ROFLMAO: I am stubborn,tend to ignore that which angers me til I can't ignore anymore, I then blow my stack, have my say, and forget it!!!..I'll do anything for those I care for as well as people I've just met, I tend to be a loner, mingeling with my kids and grandkids everyday. When it comes to my kids and grandkids, I can be aggressive if need be, I don't let anyone step on them...Of course when it comes to little people, I'd be the same for any of them,.But, I'm always up to meet anyone who say's lets meet I guess, I'm afraid of people not liking me. I adore little kids and love how honest and sweet they can be. I love to read,paint but am not good at it, my true passion is cooking and I'd love to take classes..Plus, as a kid I was so shy I would not even answer a teachers question, I'd just shake my head no..Now, I never shut up :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

kadesma

ICadvisor said:
What a neat thread idea luvs! :)

I would say that I'm quite shy, but at the same time I like to crack jokes and stand up for what I believe in (I've been known to be called stubborn, but on the whole that trait has served me well, I think). I'm a total home-body through and through. I'm very romantic, sweet (IMHO), sensative (lol, I'm a major movie crier, heck I've even shed a few while watching an Eminem music video that showed clips of his home movies), caring, nuturing, understanding, tolerant and patient. I like to be very organized, but I don't per se plan every moment of my life - I just loath clutter and mess (not to a Monica from Friends level, that's just :wacko:), and I like to think I'm a bright :idea: but who am I to judge that :LOL:
No need to wonder if you're bright, you are!!! Your posts are informative, bright, fun..a joy to all...
kadesma

Ishbel said:
Forthright, kind, approachable (so says my students!) I hope that I am mindful of others' feelings.
Ishbel,
your students know you well:) plus may I add, helpful, knowledgable, articulate and yes mindful of others feelings...I always enjoy your posts.
kadesma:)

texasgirl said:
Tender hearted {that is a bad thing sometimes} friendly, very talkative, inquisitive and a worry wort!!
Amen friend:LOL: And I'll add, giving,kind, fun and funny, someone I enjoy talking to.

kadesma

I tend to present myself as much more of an extrovert over internet communications, where I feel more comfortable expressing myself freely, than I really am. I wouldn't say I am "shy", but I kinda got jaded by "people" after years of working in customer service biz, I prefer remaining by myself and do whatever I please, except for being with Cris and very few other people.

I also relate very much to the character River Phoenix played in "Stand By Me". The seemingly tough cookie who has a big soft heart inside, who is generally considered as good for nothing, but only his best friend Gordie knows that there is much more to this rough and tumble boy. I really hate to admit but I am a huge sucker for sappy films, Cris has to pretend not to notice anything while I struggle to feign sudden allergic attack on my eyes and nose in these moments!!

kadesma said:
Ishbel,
your students know you well:) plus may I add, helpful, knowledgable, articulate and yes mindful of others feelings...I always enjoy your posts.
kadesma:)

Goodness, Kadesma.... you'll make me blush! :-p

kadesma said:
No need to wonder if you're bright, you are!!! Your posts are informative, bright, fun..a joy to all...
kadesma
That is so wonderfully kind of you to say Kadesma! Thank-you so much!!!:) You are so helpful, kind, caring, and FUNNY! :LOL:(In a good way of course!)

sensative (lol, I'm a major movie crier, heck I've even shed a few while watching an Eminem music video that showed clips of his home movies)

picco that sounds like me too !!! lol

i'm also painfully shy (believe it... when i'm with my mom i hide behind her like a 2 year old still to this day), honest, stubborn, sweet (except around the b/f) , non-aggressive, ditzy, gullible, and quiet.

kadesma said:
Amen friend:LOL: And I'll add, giving,kind, fun and funny, someone I enjoy talking to.

kadesma

That is so sweet of you kadesma!!:)

And I can sincerely add to yours that you are also, kind and ready to lend a shoulder and ear when needed!! Thank you for that!

My best friend would describe me as an easy listener, acomodating, social, and always smiling. My best friend says I would be a great party planner.

My parents would say that I will listen to advise given, but usually go my own way. I listen with my heart more than my head, and that the best part of my personality is that I make people laugh and tend to lift the spirits of the people around me. They would say that I am more of the free spirit of the family and that I'm not quite as serious as the rest of them.

At times I do have a tendency to get stressed a little easily, but usually keep that stress to myself. I'm not a morning person, and enjoy diversity in everyday things. I tend to get bored doing the same things day in and day out, but I am consistent with my family and friends and my perminent surrounding.

Last edited:
Maidrite................

I am Honest,Loyal, Kind at times, I hate confrontation,but if it comes, I will meet it head on, Can be Stubborn but I must be clearly right, I am Shy for about 10 minutes then I talk up a storm. I have been known to be Romantic,Very Sensative to those around me. I am very patient at most things, I love to be Organized at work, but am Very laid back at home. If I get a passion for something I am a BULLDOG ! Mercy is a Huge part of me, I can be upset with you, and then 5 minutes later laughing with you, But you have to push me a awfully long way to get me Upset!
I just flat out LOVE PEOPLE FOR WHO THEY ARE, I DON'T CARE where you came from or what you did in the Past, we dwell on this way to much in this world. I LOVE YOU FOR WHO YOU REALLY ARE ! My Hobbies and INTERESTS are limitless. I will try anything Legal once ! Some People have said I am Fun Loving, And a Very Caring Person. I Open the Car door for Barbara most of the time, and Doors for her and anyone else going in or out where ever we are ! I am Gullible at times and can be to trusting, but we should be able to! I have a Odd sense of Humor. I am a Hugging and Kissing kind of guy ! :cool: Thats all I have to say about that ! LOVE YOU ALL ! James :chef:

Last edited:
Maidrite said:
Maidrite................
I just flat out LOVE PEOPLE FOR WHO THEY ARE, I DON'T CARE where you came from or what you did in the Past, we dwell on this way to much in this world. I LOVE YOU FOR WHO YOU REALLY ARE ! :chef:

beautifully put, james.:)
i cannot say that i'm not judgemental, but i do give people second chances.

Back
Top Bottom