Orange Cranberry Sauce

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Constance

Master Chef
I found this online, and thought it looked awfully good. What do you all think? Would something be better than the chicken broth?

Orange Cranberry Sauce

Prep/Cook Time: 20 min.

Our Swanson® Orange Cranberry Sauce can be simmered to perfection two different ways: on top of the range or in the oven. Either way, it's a must for your holiday table.
Ingredients:
1 pkg. (12 oz.) fresh or frozen cranberries
1 cup coarsely chopped orange
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 cup Swanson® Chicken Broth

Directions:
MIX cranberries, orange, brown sugar, cinnamon and broth in saucepan. Heat to a boil. Cook over low heat 10 min. or until mixture thickens. Refrigerate until serving time. Makes 3 cups.

Tip:
Roasted Orange Cranberry Sauce: Use 1 can (14 oz.) Swanson® Chicken Broth. Mix all ingredients in 17" x 15" roasting pan. Roast at 450°F. for 25 min. or until mixture thickens. Refrigerate until serving time. Makes 2 1/2 cups.

Frozen orange juice. I use 1package fresh or frozen cranberries, 2Tbsp Frozen orange juice. 1 Large Orange sectioned. 2 Tbsps of brandy or Grand Marnie or other orange liquor. I take the cranberries and add frozen orange juice and simmer on stove till the cranberries breakdown. I think add the liquor and last I add the orange. I like to cook it a bit but still have chunks. if you add a few dried cranberries its even chunkier. I then pour a bit more Liquor on top if there are only adults at the table. I call it my Cranberry compode.

I get the feeling that this flavour combination would marry so well with a roasted duck or pan seared duck breasts :) Lovely recipe Constance, thanks for sharing it with us.

Back
Top Bottom