Pumpkin Recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chief Longwind Of The North

Certified/Certifiable
I used some of the pumpkin cut from my jack-0-lanterns, about 2 cups worth, to make something new to me. I boiled the pumpkin until tender, then drained and mashed it. I then added 2 tbs. plain yogurt, 3 tbs. Tandoori paste, 1/4 tsp. each of coriander and ground cumin. I blended it all together with a band blender and served it with a favorite rice casserole.

I don't know if anyone has a similar recipe, but this actually came out pretty good. It wasn't great. It needs tweeking.

I'd like to explore this further, and maybe create a creamy soup with those ingredients. Just need to ballance the flavors somewhat. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Seeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Goodweed of the North said:
I used some of the pumpkin cut from my jack-0-lanterns, about 2 cups worth, to make something new to me. I boiled the pumpkin until tender, then drained and mashed it. I then added 2 tbs. plain yogurt, 3 tbs. Tandoori paste, 1/4 tsp. each of coriander and ground cumin. I blended it all together with a band blender and served it with a favorite rice casserole.

I don't know if anyone has a similar recipe, but this actually came out pretty good. It wasn't great. It needs tweeking.

I'd like to explore this further, and maybe create a creamy soup with those ingredients. Just need to ballance the flavors somewhat. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Seeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Look under the soup forum for my Roasted Kabocha pumpkin soup. You can use regular pumpkin for it too.

http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/showthread.php?t=934

What a creative idea, that sounds delicious, Goodweed!!

The boiled and mashed pumpkin is also great mixed with mashed potatoes and some parmigiano. I also love making risotto with it, with drop of mascarpone before its finish... that is, very, very good...:)

Back
Top Bottom