Old Venting Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, Buddy. We put a note on our car and actually got someone who saw it get towed respond. He said that there was no car in 248 when the manager and tow truck got there so she (manager) said "tow this one, I don't think it belongs". We got him to put it in writing, and the manager forked over the $86.50 out of her own pocket pretty quickly.

Well, this is another wrap-up to a previous vent of mine regarding my health. I saw the surgeon yesterday and he asked what I wanted to do. I said I was leaning toward the replacment because I just wanted it done and over with and didn't like the odds with the scope. He talked some more saying that we would know in 6 months whether the scope would work (50/50 chance) and I could have one every two years until I was "old enough" for the replacement. I reluctantly agreed to this but when I was filling out the forms it just didn't feel right. I was feeling like I was settling. We asked the receptionist how long a wait for the 2 procedures and she said August for the scope (not the two weeks he had quoted before) and September or early October for the replacement.

I said I wanted to think about it and so was going to leave and call when I was ready. But she talked to the doctor who had me back in and he said he would do either procedure but wanted ME to be sure. So it ended with me signing both consent forms and calling in next Monday with the answer. Well, I am calling in today because I have thought, talked, prayed and researched and am at peace with having the replacement done and out of the way. Yes, I will have to have it done again in 15 - 20 years, but that is 15-20 years of guaranteed relief, not 6 months to two years of maybes.

Thanks everyone for your thoughts and prayers on this. It means I still have to wait in pain, but I see the light at the end of the tunnel and it looks real good!

Laurie - I'm glad you were able to make a decision difficult as it was. It is so frustrating dealing with doctors. My mom went into hospital on Tuesday and they're only operating this coming Tuesday as the doctor says they need to give her medication to try and shrink the tumor so that the risk is less. But why does this take a whole week ? ? ? But apparently the doctor is very good so I suppose he knows what he's doing.

Hi Laurie - glad things are taking a turn for the better. Prayers for a much pain reduced future (I agree with the replacement - a better quality of life especially if you are the wrong side of the 50% on the scope.

Tanya - I guess it takes a week for the medication to work on the tumour - hopefully reducing it so it is not tight in with the matter around it so less risk of unnedded damage to tissue.

Laurie - I'm glad you were able to make a decision difficult as it was. It is so frustrating dealing with doctors. My mom went into hospital on Tuesday and they're only operating this coming Tuesday as the doctor says they need to give her medication to try and shrink the tumor so that the risk is less. But why does this take a whole week ? ? ? But apparently the doctor is very good so I suppose he knows what he's doing.

Tanya, I am so sorry about this wait for your Mom's tumor. Medications do take time to work and I am sure they know what they are doing but I totally understand how the waiting game seems sensless...like the three weeks I had to wait just to make this decision. I will keep both you and your Mom in my thoughts and prayers.

Awww, Tanya, this week must be so hard for you. FWIW, I have heard it's an advantage to shrink a tumor in the brain very quickly just before surgery. I think the goal is to get maximum shrinkage in a short period of time - before the surrounding tissues have a chance to expand and grow around it. It makes it easier to remove the entire tumor with the least amount of damage to healthy brain tissue which equals less chance of residual damage. That sounds like a very good thing but it doesn't make the week long wait any shorter. How's your mom doing? Is the medicine to shrink the tumor making her sick? How are you holding up?

Laurie, I'm so glad he offered you the option and that you are at peace with your decision. (I think that's the choice I would have made, too.) The hard part is waiting til September or October! Was he able to give you any more/different meds for pain?

Thanks FM, I will PM you later with all details but I am in the middle of trying to get a wedding cake done for tomorrow (with DH and DD's help). No, he did not want to change my meds but offered other suggestions.

Latest vent---traveling------ extra hours delay on Wed is the topic--DH informed by Lufthansa that I don't have to arrive at the airport until 3 hours later (going bacK to KZ by the way) as the flight is 6 hours delayed......I arrive and am informed that cause I arrived so late and that the flight is "OVERBOOKED" though it's still 6 hours delayed that I no longer have my reserved aisle seat that I had had for the past 3 months and will have to take care of it at the boarding gate. "Au Contrare" I combatted, it is NOT my fault that your people in KZ can't coordinate with the people in Frankfort........I need an aisle seat as I have a very painful bladder disease and then I start to cry.........well, we now have 3 people including the headmistresss typing away on their computers.......suddenly and VOILA!!! I actually have my original seating assignment.........What the H--- is going on????? Did the check in people not want to deal with it and just wanted to throw me to the gate people to handle it???? People were standiing in line at the boarding gate when I finally got there with my cherished boarding pass in hand----would one of them have been given my aisle seat had I not bolted up the pasture baying at the moon at the reservation gate???? Oh, well I got safe and soundly home and am totally up and wide awake at 2am in the morning.......glad to be back, though

Awww, Tanya, this week must be so hard for you. FWIW, I have heard it's an advantage to shrink a tumor in the brain very quickly just before surgery. I think the goal is to get maximum shrinkage in a short period of time - before the surrounding tissues have a chance to expand and grow around it. It makes it easier to remove the entire tumor with the least amount of damage to healthy brain tissue which equals less chance of residual damage. That sounds like a very good thing but it doesn't make the week long wait any shorter. How's your mom doing? Is the medicine to shrink the tumor making her sick? How are you holding up?

The medication isn't making her sick - just weak and "out of it" . I'm OK thanks - just wishing that it's Tuesday already !

So sorry to hear that, TanyaK. It's good that she has you to lean on and suppot her. I've taken medications that made you feel "out of it" and it's not a geat feeling. Hope she feels better soon.

So sorry to hear that, TanyaK. It's good that she has you to lean on and suppot her. I've taken medications that made you feel "out of it" and it's not a geat feeling. Hope she feels better soon.

Thanks expatgirl ! Fortunately my sister and brother all live close by so we can all support her,my dad and each other as well.

well i finally had to call the police on my loud neighbors. it has been on going, loud music in yard, loud voices from alcohol.

i have put up with it for six months. i think they are running a lawn business out of the house(illegal) . it seems to be the workers from that, getting paid, whatever , who knows.

it lasted til i got fed up last night at ten thirty . i called and they said they would send someone. about fifteen minutes the party shut down.

i would have gone over long before this to ask them to quiet down, but they don't speak english. plus not eager to confront eight or so drunken men.

police said any time, no matter the time, if it disturbs me it is illegal. makes me feel like a crabby old lady. but i do think i waited long enough.

thanks for the vent.

babe:mad::mad:

well i finally had to call the police on my loud neighbors. it has been on going, loud music in yard, loud voices from alcohol.

i have put up with it for six months. i think they are running a lawn business out of the house(illegal) . it seems to be the workers from that, getting paid, whatever , who knows.

it lasted til i got fed up last night at ten thirty . i called and they said they would send someone. about fifteen minutes the party shut down.

i would have gone over long before this to ask them to quiet down, but they don't speak english. plus not eager to confront eight or so drunken men.

police said any time, no matter the time, if it disturbs me it is illegal. makes me feel like a crabby old lady. but i do think i waited long enough.

thanks for the vent.

babetoo, you're not a crabby old lady, you have a right to peace and quiet . It was a good idea to call the police and not go to the neighbors in person.
LC

thanks for the vent.

That's not crabby!! I would have called a long time ago:LOL:
I'm glad you did and if it goes again, just pick up the phone. DO NOT go over there by any means!! You don't need to be putting yourself in danger over noise. Just call the police and let them handle the idiots.

Babe, I think if that is being crabby you better do it more often :LOL:

Seriously, you have every right to peace and quiet and you were very correct in not going over there yourself. That's what police are for.

babe, i'm sure there are regulations in your town for "quiet times".

they are most often from 10pm to 6 or 8am, depending on the town. unfortunately, the neighbors are allowed to be fairly loud until 10 (possibly earlier in your community), but then by law they have to shut it down. even during the "loud" hours, it can't be unreasonable.
the best thing you can do is befriend the cops, maybe make them a plate of cupcakes as a thank you for helping you out. the next time these guys get loud when you want a little quiet, no matter what the time, the cops will be your volume control. :)

i, unfortunately, have the opposite problem. my new, non-english speaking [polish neighbors are running a kitchen cabinet business out of their garage, and there's no way he got zoning variances for it. when i get home after a midnight shift, i have to listen to mitre saws and nail guns all day long while i'm trying to get a little sleep.

As tough as Texas is------when it comes to knocking on doors the police have their hands tied.......if the teens decide not to answer the door in reference to noise, disorderly conduct, etc., and most of the most disorderly (our darling neighbors for one) know this they don't answer the door. Nothing the police can do about it unless they get a special court-ordered document which will support that drugs are on the premises or guns, etc., very difficult to get and from a judge........I know because my son is now a cop and so is our next door neighbor. Fortunately, our little hellions across the street have grown up. Still the young man remains at home and for all sakes and appearances seems to be dabbling in something illegal.......he's unemployed though he did try to get into the military service and was turned down and cars are coming and going all the time esp. on the weekends.......so who knows......babetoo, move over, Crabby 2 is joining you!! :)

Car vent round 3!!!

So guess what. The manager has our own car, which is parked in our primary spot (right out in front of our townhouse) towed at 11:00 last night because it is in non-working condition. She knows this because DH mentioned our car had broken down and that is why we borrowed our old car back....the one she had towed from our other spot by mistake and had to fork over the $86.50 out of her own pocket. What she doesn't know is this car is in fact in running condition. It does need some more work and we have NOT been doing it on site. We have been driving it to our friends and back again so it DOES run. So, she will now have to fork over another 86.50 and I have written a very long letter to the strata board outlining the whole thing and how she is singling us out personally.

Car vent round 3!!!

So guess what. The manager has our own car, which is parked in our primary spot (right out in front of our townhouse) towed at 11:00 last night because it is in non-working condition. She knows this because DH mentioned our car had broken down and that is why we borrowed our old car back....the one she had towed from our other spot by mistake and had to fork over the $86.50 out of her own pocket. What she doesn't know is this car is in fact in running condition. It does need some more work and we have NOT been doing it on site. We have been driving it to our friends and back again so it DOES run. So, she will now have to fork over another 86.50 and I have written a very long letter to the strata board outlining the whole thing and how she is singling us out personally.

:LOL:What a pain for you, but oh oh oh, how funny that she didn't learn the first time!!:ROFLMAO:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom