Old Venting Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last night I felt depressed about work. First Mommy tells us to work on our room (or better known as Sea of Clothes), then Daddy tells us to wash the dishes! AHHHHHH!

Cameron

cartwheelmac said:
Last night I felt depressed about work. First Mommy tells us to work on our room (or better known as Sea of Clothes), then Daddy tells us to wash the dishes! AHHHHHH!

Cameron

Oh, and Cameron, would you please stop breaking stuff while cartwheeling in the living room!!:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Oohhh! You sound just like my dad! "Cartwheeling is for outside!" I have kicked one person inside, and 3 outside! I do handstands inside on the front door (but I can't have shoes!).

Cameron

Cameron, Girl calm down, Santa is on the way, You and Grace are just two sweethearts ! Hold on tight to each other and your other sibs, just can't ever replace them.

licia said:
Barbara, you've probably discovered this for yourself, but I didn't until after I wasn't working anymore: There is more than one reason you are working where you are. I wish I had known that or had time to think about it when I was working. I always considered myself working just to earn a living and never thought about my influence on those around me. I always tried to be fair and honest about my work, but never saw there was a much deeper reason I was placed where I was. I've tried to use the same principle for wherever I am or go since then. I've noticed that people feel free to approach me and talk, mostly older people. They always seem to feel better after we've talked a bit. I hope your life gets less stressful and you turn your lemons into lemonade.
Thanks Licia. Yes, I learned a long time ago that I have always ended up right where I need to be. And I am aware of the influence I have on those around me, especially as a teacher. But I also know that I have been having very strong feelings lately (this has only happened once before to me--and I acted on it then) that it is time to move on. I may be completely wrong. And we can't afford to move. But if that is what is meant to be, the means to do it will be there too. :cool:

Thanks Sizzles. Will do!

:) Barbara

Long story short....
The neighbors dog got out of their yard and went after our chickens!
Three of them are ok.... but Melly our blonde one, the most friendly
and our favorite... is missing two big piles of feathers. She limped her way into the berry bushes ( too over grown for humans to enter) and won't or can't come out. I'm so worried about her... and so sad. And so angry. I know the dog was just doing what dogs do but... those are my babies.

Last edited:
oh, pds! I know how you feel! I grew up on a farm, and all the animals were like my pets! Pigs, cows, chickens, ducks, horses. We even incubated some quail eggs one time (I about had my mom convinced they were snakes at one point :LOL: ) I still have pictures of most of my buddies, too. I went through a vegetarian phase after I figured out where all my friends were disappearing to :mad: The neighbor dogs got out one time and did the same thing and killed Mr. Cuckleburr, my favorite red rooster! Hopefully Melly will pull through. Do you think she will be ok in the bushes overnight? Or can you coax her into the roost?

Luckily she came home!!! She's in the cage with the other chickens now. Her tail feathers are missing and she's very scared but I think she'll be ok. I guess I kind of freaked out a little too soon. That's me though. I'm always ready to panic. lol.

I'm so glad that she came home!! What a relief for you! You will be able to sleep better tonight knowing that she is okay and safe.

Glad for your happy ending..Poor little Melly, wounded pride and no tail feathers...Maybe Santa will bring her hula skirt :) Really Pds, glad she is okay..

kadesma

Thanks Kadesma. I just went and checked on her and she's almost back to normal. ( not in feathers but in attitude.) : )

awwww, sushi! Everything will work out in it's own good time! You get pooped on cause others are not enlightened enough to understand what a great person you are. Someday, you will meet someone that is at the same place on the same path!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom