Fish Recipes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

marissa82

Assistant Cook
well this is an open question i guess, but our family has pretty much one basic recipe for cooking fish with a dull marinade (consisting of lemon, garlic, parsley and few herbs and spices) and then frying it
just wonderin if anyone would like to contribute some of the best fish recipes they've had with a sauce(something juicy and yummy and rich)

Broiled Tilapia Parmesan

2 pounds tilapia fillets
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup butter, softened
3 tablespoons mayonnaise
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon dried basil
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/8 teaspoon onion powder
1/8 teaspoon celery salt

Preheat your oven's broiler, and grease a broiling pan, or line with aluminum foil. In a small bowl, mix together the Parmesan cheese, butter, mayonnaise, and lemon juice. Season with dried basil, pepper, onion powder, and celery salt. Mix well and set aside. Arrange fillets in a single layer on the prepared pan. Broil a few inches from the heat for 2 to 3 minutes. Flip the fillets over, and broil for a couple more minutes. Remove the fillets from the oven, and cover them with the Parmesan cheese mixture on the top side. Broil for 2 more minutes, or until the topping is browned, and fish flakes easily with a fork.

I will find some links too, we love fish, and eat it quite often. During the summer we grill fish quite a bit, also! Fish is soooo versatile! What types of fish do you like?

shannon in KS said:
I will find some links too, we love fish, and eat it quite often. During the summer we grill fish quite a bit, also! Fish is soooo versatile! What types of fish do you like?

we tend to go for ling and salmon fillets; we fry the ling and bake the salmon
that's the only types of fish we eat and there is only one way we cook em, hence u can see why i'm tryin to find some innovative way of cooking fish

sweet and sour fish

Try this...

Ingredients:
4 - fish, fillets(i like red snapper),
1 tablespoon soy sauce,
2 tablespoon lemon juice,
2 teaspoon white vinegar,
1 tablespoon clear honey,
2 teaspoon tomato ketchup,
1 clove garlic (crushed),
1/2 teaspoon paprika,
1/2 teaspoon red pepper powder,
3 spring onions,
1 green bell pepper,
1 cup button mushrooms,
2 tablespoons veg oil,
1 cup frozen green beans,
salt and pepper.
How to Cook:
1. Divide each fillet in half lengthwise. Roll up neatly with the skinned side inside. Mix together the soy sauce, lemon juice, vinegar, honey, tomato ketchup, garlic and paprika. Place in a large sauté pan, add the fish and baste with the sauce. Bring to a very gentle simmer, cover and cook for 10-12 minutes, or until tender.Meanwhile halve the pepper, remove the core and seeds, and cut into strips. Slice the spring onions; halve the mushrooms. Heat oil in another sauté pan and stir-fry the vegetables over a high heat for 3-4 minutes until just tender. Season with salt and pepper.Serve the fish with the sauce spooned over and accompanied by the stir-fried vegetables.Variation:If you like fresh root ginger, grate a little into the pan as you stir-fry the vegetables.
This recipe serves 4 people.

Last edited:
A very easy and mostly foolproof way to prepare fish is as follows.

Take a large piece of foil. Put a piece of cod (or other fish of your liking) on top. Season with salt, pepper, or any other seasonings you like. Slice up some veggies (again any kind you like) and put on top of the fish. I like using summer squash, but let your imagination run wild. Season the veggies too. Squeeze some lemon juice over everything if you like or you can even slice the lemon into thin slices and place right on the fish. You can also add a little drizzle of white wine. Drizzle some olive oil over everything. Fold the foil up so that everything is contained in the sealed foil pouch. I usually put this on the grill and cook on med high heat for about 15 minutes, but it would work equally well in the oven. I make these individual size so everyone gets their own pouch. It is extremely healthy, inexpensive, filling, and delicious.

GB:

I use this 'en pappillote' method regularly. I often flavor salmon with scallions, mushrooms, soy sauce, ginger and vermouth.

We have several great fish recipes I would love to share... here is one example which is easy and simple, extremely tasty and unique.

Orangy Ocean Perch in a skillet

Ingredients:
  • Fillets of Ocean Perch (or any firm meaty white fish fillet would do I am sure)
  • milk
  • butter
  • flour
  • 1 big juicy orange (with good skin on it)
  • flat leaved parsley
  • salt
Dip the fish fillets in milk, then coat them with flour.
Grate the entire skin of the orange, then squeeze the juice. (set aside both separately)
Sautè the fish with butter. When they are nicely browned bring up the heat a bit, pour the juice from the orange and let it get absorbed.
Scoop out the fish fillet, keep them warm.
Then add the grated orange peel, lightly salt it, then add some milk into the skillet, enough to make a sauce for each fish fillet. Keep on cooking for a few more minutes until the sauce gets slightly thicken.
Serve the fish covered with this sauce, then sprinkle generously with chopped parsley.
Buon appetito!!:chef:

Back
Top Bottom