December weigh in thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I haven't weighed in a long time, but I know I've gained weight because I had to loosen the laces on my back brace. I will get on the scales after the holidays, and see what the damage is. I can't afford to carry much extra weight. Even 5 lbs makes a difference with my fragile spine.
Thing being, there's not much I can do in the way of exercise. My feet are messed up too, so even walking is not an option. I'm glad I did my dancing when I was younger! :wacko:

corazon90 said:
Hmm. I've gained about 30 lbs in the last six months or so (it's my husband's fault:LOL: ). But I hope to loose about half the weight in the next couple weeks. What is my secret to success?:rolleyes: lol.:ROFLMAO:

ALL your husbands fault??????:LOL:
hum, if you lose HALF of the 30, I'll hear you all the way here:mrgreen:

Alix said:
texasgirl, corazon is pregnant and due at the end of the month.
After my Mom had the twins Daddy had started excercising so he was jokingly complaining that Mom loses weight by not doing anything (cause she wasn't pregnant anymore) while he had to work at it! :LOL:

Well I am 5" 7' (are my apostraphes right?) and weigh in at 116 lbs. but I tell people that I am 120. Grace is like 4 millimeters shorter than me (she is about to pass me even if I am 20 months older) and she is 99 lbs. but then she is a couch potato.

Cameron

cartwheelmac said:
Well I am 5" 7' (are my apostraphes right?)

Got 'em backwards. Single ' for feet, double for inches.

5' 7"

Last time I was anywheres near a buck twenty for weight was in grade school! When I was 5' 7" (now 6' 0") I was starting high school and weighed around 170! Was very active in sports, etc. as well. Gotta love the "blessing" of a large frame chassis! :ermm: :neutral:

Hey all, I went to a family event this weekend. This first time many of the people in my extended family have seen me in a year or more. The comments I received were WONDERFUL. "Where is the rest of you?", "You look THIN", "HOLY XXXX, I can't get over how good you look".

What a boost to the ego!

Feels good, eh Spice? Got the same reaction from my family at Thanksgiving.

You are doing great. Just wait until next year.......................

Me, then and Now

These picture were taken about 2 and a half years apart. one was June 30, 2003 and the other was taken this past weekend
img_200489_0_bc47cd41de410cda0434924999342c8f.jpg

Last edited:
:clap: :clap: :clap: Huge cheers for our newest Spice Boy, Sleek Spice!!:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Whoa, you have come a long way!! You are looking fabulous!! You must be really proud of yourself!! I sure am!! Keep up the great job!!

lookeeng goo' spice!!!!!

you can really see the weight loss in your face.
btw, nice 'stache...

Spice, you look very handsome in both pictures, but your weight loss is becoming.

I am 5' 8" tall, and in my teens I stayed around 120. After I had a child in my early 20's, I stayed within 130-140. In my 30's I started running a greenhouse and building muscle, and my weight ran between 140-150, but I was strong as an Amazon. For example, I shoveled coal into 5 gallon buckets...about 75 lbs. each, carried one in each hand to balance, and made about 5 trips a day, feeding the stoker to heat my greenhouse. When I was 38, I divorced, and got down to the 130's again. Once I remarried, I put 15 lbs on real quick. In my early 40's I had a hysterectomy and started taking estrogen...my weight jumped up to 170 lbs.
That grossed me out, so I went on a no sweets/low fat diet, and with all the exercise I got in my greenhouses (the new ones were heated with gas, but they were 100 feet from front to back), I lost 30 lbs in 6 months.
Now I can hardly walk, but I manage to keep my weight around 160. I'd feel better if I lost 20 lbs, but that's a lot harder to do anymore.
Besides, I give great grandma hugs. Old and young like'em.

yay I have lost another 2 pounds, down to 205 lbs, come on 199!!!!

ok, first thing to know is that I am an engineer and the second thing to know is that I am compulsively data oriented.

So it should come as no surprise that I have charted and calculated my weight loss.

See the chart:
img_203842_0_c629f7f05b9e9b1c4a5cde41a9640bf2.jpg

Last edited:
Bigdog said:
Got 'em backwards. Single ' for feet, double for inches.

Whoa on my last post I was 7 feet 5 inches! Ok but I shrunk down to 5' 7". Shoot! I am not taller than my 6 foot dad anymore!

Cameron

I am 5' 10", am active at home (calithenics, weights, running, walking, etc.)
And since the middle of July, I have averaged 140 lbs.:cool:

Perhaps that's helped by the fact that I am 17 yr. old.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom