Christmas Movie Marathon.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SizzlininIN

Master Chef
Whats your all time favorite Christmas Movie? My family will be having a Christmas Movie Marathon Christmas Eve. I will be heading a few days early to the video store. I need some ideas.

Mine is The Walton's Homecoming. DH surprised me 2 years ago and bought me a DVD for Christmas. Its a movie I would watch on Christmas Eve with my mother when she was living. Now the kids watch it with me because they know how much it means to me to continue watching it.

Whoops.....I forgot .....DH watches A Christmas Carol every year also.....I can never remember which one it is......I know its one of the really old ones. If I heard the real name of the main character I'd know it.......anyone know?? Its always on late on Christmas eve on t.v.

Well, it probably isn't in the True "spirit" of Christmas, but I thought Bad Santa was hilarious (quite off-color though...)

For a safer pick, I'd vote for Christmas Vacation, or A Christmas Story.
"Fra-gil-e, must be Italian.." :LOL:

John

a christmas story is hands down my fav!! i die laughing everytime i see that kid stick his tounge on the frozen poll!! :)

I'm still a sucker for the kiddy christmas shows. Rudolph and Santa Claus is coming to town are two of my favorites. I've watched both of them this year already.

"and the glow of electric sex in the window..."

litlargeleft.jpg

John

sizz, the character's name was bob cratchitt, but there have been 22 productions of the movie, believe it or not. go to www.imdb.com to find out which one you were thinking of.
rudolph, santa is coming to town, the grinch who stole christmas, a christmas story, christmas vacation, miracle on thoity fort street (both of them were good), and it's a wonderful life are all faves in my house. but it all begins when we get to watch "march of the wooden soldiers/babes in toyland".

I still think that "Die Hard" should be classified as a Christmas movie.

EDIT: Aw cr*p, I didn't see ronjohn's lamp reference, now I have to change my sig!

Sorry Damp!

And yes, technically, "Die Hard" should be considered a Christmas Movie!

John

No prob, ronjohn! This sig fits the board better anyway!

EDIT: Not very Christmas-like but I just had to add this: "Now I have a machine gun. Ho ho ho."

Last edited:
I am also a huge fan of
img_201900_0_568557040434d5f4779546f73126a352.jpg
, as probably a few of you guys already got a drift...:ROFLMAO: Even though by now I memorised almost the entire film I still get such a kick out of it every time!! I can never let a holiday season go by without watching this at least once, Ralphie is one of the cutest kids I've ever seen!!:heart:

I also adore "A Wish for Wings that Work", the animated film featuring Opus from Bloom County... such a cute story!!:)

Love Actually also should be considered a Christmas movie. Might be the new best.

White Christmas with Bing, Danny, Rosemary, and Vera is the best.
Christmas Story with Ralphie and his family is the second best.
The Muppets Christmas Carol, with Michael Caine as Scrooge, is the third best.
Then and only then do I get to It's a Gosh-Darn Wunnerful Life. Watched it too many times in a row too many years in a row for it to still be number one.

Hands down, my all time favorite is The Muppet Christmas Carol. Sir Michael Caine made an excellent Scrooge, IMHO. Love Gonzo as Dickens, as well as all of the other characters.

:ROFLMAO: ronjohn, I CANNOT stop laughing when watching Bad Santa! I better not quote any lines, though ehm ehm.

My favorite movie has got to be "Scrooged"!

Good call, Shannon! "Scrooged" is a great movie, I'd forgotten about that one! Also, who can forget "Christmas Vacation!"

Eddie: You surprised to see us, Clark?
Clark: Oh, Eddie... If I woke up tomorrow with my head sewn to the carpet, I wouldn't be more surprised than I am now.

the Muppets christmas carol...
and some german/czech films, "Die Feuerzangenbowle" ("the burnt punch) and "Drei Haselnüsse für Aschenbrödel" ("Three hazelnuts for cinderella")

Back
Top Bottom