What Did You Get For Everybody?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mudbug

Chef Extraordinaire
For me, most of the presents fun is the giving part. Especially when it's not something they asked for (not always easy).

So spill--who's getting what?

My favorite gift so far is the book I got for my fellow editor at the office, "The Devil's Dictionary" by Ambrose Bierce.

Between me and SIL, HH is getting all three of the first Harry Potter books on audio CD (he has the later ones-now he will have a full set).

Got my nephews a pack from Tarjay that comes complete with all the makings for s'mores.

Got mom and dad some frou-frou crackers from Wms. Sonoma, along with some really nice appy plates with French sayings all over them, along with a CD of their fave jazz artists doing Christmas songs.

mil- cordless mouse {she picked it out, she's a gadget freak}
the guy that lives with her- watch
my sisters and I only get each other small things now, so, I got them a snowman figurine that are either, skiing, fishing or gardening
all the little ones get stocking stuffers from all of us.
DH's grandmother - $25 gift card to Sears.
My sisters and I get together and get Mammaw's, not sure what yet.
DH get's nascar championship t-shirt of Tony Stewart, still waiting on the cap, a Tony Stewart beanie and a small Tony Stewart figurine for his sports shelf
Boys get a game each, gloves, beanies and some other things not sure what yet.

I agree I love the buying and the wrapping and the giving!

Paul: Shirt, a book on animal tracks, World of war craft video game, camo belt, cooking scale. collector coins,Stocking stuffers

David: Walkie talkies to use with his friends while snowboarding
Coupons for car payments ( he owes us lots!!)
two shirts, a box of food from Santa and stocking stuffers
and Paul also got him a set of US mint quarters

Mom: Two shirsts, socks, three Santa's (she collects them)
Christmas CD, stocking stuffers.

Grandpa: specialty food items and stocking stuffers.

Our best neighbors... popcorn bowl filled with candy and popcorn
Christmas coffee cup and some international coffee, Three christmas decorations.

MIL: Toaster and subscription to Taste of Home Mag
BIL: Cordless mouse
Aunts: Christmas decoration, X-mas coffee cups and homemade cinnamon coffee
Dad and stepmom: boxed soup, note pads, candle and Christmas dec.

Nephews science kits
Nieces: toys and outfits

Last edited:
I got my younger sister (who love Disney Princesses) some Ariel stickers and a princess color book.

Grace

I love giving presents to others and it is so much fun to shop for them!!

Dad - John Deere Tractor daily calendar, wool socks, stainless steel thermos, coyote call

Brother - hand mixer, 32 oz. jar jalapeno pickled garlic (his favorite), stainless steel coffee mug with a carabiner handle, John Fogerty's "A Long Road Home" CD

Mom - a box sugarfree chocolates, a miniature flashlight for her purse, coffee maker with a stainless steel carafe, kitchenaid kitchen scissors (I have a pair and love them), address book

and for various friends:

an origami daily calendar, 1 dozen hand dipped chocolate covered cherries (many thanks to my mom for making them), a wooden snowman, loaves of pumpkin, cranberry/orange and lemon breads, gift card for the local coffeehouse

Wish I could say I'm done but here's what I've got so far:

-Youngest Boy = One of those big remote control batman cars. I still need to get a Thomas The Train Railroad Track, a batman figurine for inside the car and a few small toys and a few more stocking stuffers.

-Middle Boy = Yippee!!! He's all done except for stocking stuffers. He shocked me this year because all he wanted was clothes. Every year prior he'd say, "I don't want any clothes". Well now that he's in High School thats all changed. I saved the receipts though to be safe but I think he's going to really like what I picked out.

-Oldest Boy = Portable DVD player with all the gadgets (case, cord, etc...). Some DVD cases he uses all the time. I still need to pick him up a few more small things and a few more stocking stuffers.

-DH = Nothing! Only because he's always with me when I shop.

-Oldest Nephew = McDonalds Gift Card and a Movie Theater Gift Card

-Youngest Niece = nothing yet

-Youngest Nephew = nothing yet

-Oldest Boys Girlfriend = Cute/Funny Character Key Chain. I still have to get her something else. Maybe jewelry or a really cute pink purse and scarf.

My brothers and I don't exchange gifts now that we're older.

I got You all some............... :rolleyes:

OLD WET SMELLY SOCKS HOWS THAT FOR HANGING OVER THE FIREPLACE !!!!!!!!!!
I LOVE IT WHEN A PLAN COMES TOGETHER !!!!!!:-p :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
Well you didn't need to be that way, My mother told me to be grateful for anything I was given ! :huh:

I can't tell because both Ken and Kate will peek! And if you two are snooping...COAL in your stocking both of you!

I can't say what I got DW because she might see it on here, but for my mom I got her the Indian Curry 8 pack gift set from Penzys. For my FIL we will be getting him a weather radio. He loves keeping up with the weather and since he is retiring at the end of this year he will be doing a lot of fishing when the weather gets nicer and the radio could come in handy. My brother will get the iPod alarm clock that he wanted. For the rest of the people I have no idea yet.

I got James a 2005 Mustang--Candy Apple Red, with all the latest gizmos.

:LOL: :ROFLMAO: :mrgreen: Not really, as I can't even afford to drive by the dealers! But since he is on here, I thought I would give his heart a little jolt!

We haven't been able to get much for anyone so far. We have the most for our granddaughter so far, and some for our grandson. For Hannah we have a Disney Princesses tea set, a cute night gown, and a couple books. For Andrew we have a little spy set and a Daily Devotional for kids. My sister loves horses, owls, and unicorns. Two years ago we found some great unicorns to give her, last year we gave her a neat owl and a horse throw. This year we have found a really nice carved wooden horse. Nothing yet for our 14-year-old, our 26-year old, son-in-law, or my dad. Nothing for each other yet.

:) Barbara

i haven't gotten anything yet.
for my Mom, i might get bath & body works lotion or cream, maybe some TIGI conditioner. my Mom loves both.
other than that....?:-p

I supposed to be making my five-year-old wild superman/Tony Stewart/Cinderella fanatic a present. It's coming with Cinderella stickers, a Superman nightgown, Superman figurine, Superman trading cards, princess coloring book, three postcards to send to her penpals, Smoothie Skittles and a butterfly greeting card.

I am thinking about a $10.00 Tony Stewart figurine doll. What do you guys think?

Cameron

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom