New Michigan guy here howdy dere folks.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bubba_sybo

Cook
:chef: Found this site a few days ago and I am liking what I see. It seems like there are alot of very funny, friendly and knoledgable folks here.

My name is Jason but most everyone in my family calls me Bubba, even though I am 32 years old. I was born in CA but moved to MI when I was about 6 and been here every since. I have worked in a couple resteraunts but never really did any cooking type jobs. Most of my cooking skills were gained by watching friends, family, cooking shows and trial and error.
Luckily I have been exposed to some good cooks in my day and I have been told I am also pretty good. Vert rarely do I get complaints:sick:

I cant eat cheese, can't have really greasy food, and I love spicey food but it doesn't love me like it used to. I rarely eat sweets. I dont think people should eat meat. That way there is more for me. :LOL: I try to eat healthy, but I dont sweat it too much.

I love cooking. Mostly because I just plain old like eating. I cant find anyone to do it for me so I just figured 'er out. I also do love to see others enjoy the food I prepare, I am a bit of a perfectionist and it shows (sometimes) in my food.

I always tell people that if I eat it I can cook it. I dont know how to make alot of "foo foo" dishes but I dont eat that stuff so why bother. I am more into the MI (yooper or U.P. aka upper penninsula) recipies like pastie, jerkies, and critters of various sizes. I also like grilling and asian type foods.

I already posted a few times so I thought I should come in and say howdy to y'all and introduce myself.

email and 360 and yahoo messinger is my name just as it appears here
bday is may 4 (taurus)and I was born in the year of the ox(so I am the worlds least stubborn person)

there... so now I aint a stranger no more.:angel:

Attachments

• xmas2005.jpg
    xmas2005.jpg
    159.3 KB · Views: 228
Last edited:
Hiya, bubba!! Welcome to DC. You will like it here. Glad to have you here.

SC :)

15.gif

cara said:
welcome at DC, bubba.. I like that name ;o))

well.. my sissy couldnt say brother when she finally uttered her first werd, but she got bubba out...sybo is a slang/shortened version of my last name .....

everyone that dont call me bubba calls me brother sybo or sybo....like tai bo.... or bibo .....dont ya read the bibo dere??:) either that or jay....been reduced to a letter

tankies to ya'll appreciate the welcome ..... bubba feels like a pig a wallerin':pig: in da poo, aye?

Last edited:
To Mr Bubba Sybo:
Welcome to discuss cooking!:D As one body replied when I first joined,make yourself at home here: we are too well fed to be mean to each other.:ROFLMAO: I'm glad that you have found this place, and hope that you enjoy it.

Yours Truly,
S. Scott B.

welcome bubba, ya can never have enough youpers around. you'll have fun here.

what kind of critters do you cook?

I'm gonna try and be real good and not get kicked out, I made those pasties they were talking bout on here... they were downright upright! not a yooper but I wish i was.... thats gods country up there.....I goes whenever I can

me thinks I'll hang out for a bit...sure i can find sumthing to jabber on about.. if i dont do it here, look me up here ....always something interesting...

http://360.yahoo.com/bubba_sybo

what kind of critters do you cook? any kind that'll stand still long enough to git em in a pot...mostly deer n fish.....occasional small game ....squirrel wabbit... I'll try almost anything once.....I said almost!

"There'll be no quitters till we gets our critters" I always say.... I said that there...once

Last edited:
Welcom Bubba! I have 3 brothers up there in MI.......Ann Arbor, Chelste and Pinckney. Was just up there at Thanksgiving.

Welcome Bubba, this is a friendly warm place, with great people, who are always there for ya :) Like you nick, that's what I call one of my little grandsons:LOL:

kadesma

thanks guys, and gals... I feel at home already....Cara I know all three of those areas. MI is a nice place to visit isn't it? Don't know if I would ever want to live anywhere else. Just wish we didn't have the Lions. But hey we got the Red Wings

Welcome Bubba! You sound like you will fit right in- friendly and a great sense of humor!!!! Welcome home! :chef:

Hey, Bubba - a big Southern California welcome to ya!

Funny....I had an uncle Bubba. Called that for the same reason you are. I never did know what his real name was....then there was cousin "LB". His formal name was "Little Brother".

Okay, back to the welcome wagon -
Can't wait to see some of your recipes! So glad you've found us here - your sense of humor and chatty personality will fit right in with the family.

PS - lovely photo!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom