What is your ultimate dessert? (Multiple choice)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What is your ultimate dessert? (Multiple Choice)

• Total voters
Yes, that IS an interesting question!

Andy M. said:
Come on now. The real question is, "Is there a dessert you don't like?" The answer is, "No!".

I don't know how to construct a poll and maybe it's not practical just to find out what desserts people have NOT liked.

I went to a Chinese restaurant somewhere in a Caribbean resort and the dessert menu was woefully limited. I ordered leechee (sp?) nuts which tasted sort of like melon balls in a thick, syrupy sauce, but felt and almost LOOKED like eyeballs. Ick!

Lee

Tiramisu, trifle, cheesecake, mousse, panna cotta/flan, gelato. Take a peek:

http://www.ciaobellagelato.com/

Edited to add: G-D bless mallomars, oreos, ring dings, ho hos, mini coffee cakes -- Little Debbie & Ben & Jerry!

And ice cream cake! I knew I'd forget something.

Last edited:
QSis said:
I ordered leechee (sp?) nuts which tasted sort of like melon balls in a thick, syrupy sauce, but felt and almost LOOKED like eyeballs. Ick!
Lee

LOL, just goes to show you that vive la difference is alive and well. I had lychee nuts for dessert in Manhattan once and thought it one of the most refreshing desserts I had ever had.

But I will always be an ice cream wino.

mudbug said:
But I will always be an ice cream wino.

:LOL: Don't fall off the ice cream wagon.

Better than an ice cream 'whino'

I want my ice cream!
I want my ice cream!
I waaaaaant myyy ice creammmmmmmmmm :LOL:

Last edited:
SierraCook said:
One of my desserts that I can never resist is Deep, Dark Chocolate Cake. It is made from scratch and has a rich buttercream frosting. A friend of mine makes cheesecakes of many flavors. My favorite of hers is a white chocolate frangelica cheesecake topped with raspberries. It was like Heaven. My mom and I once shared a tiramisu dessert in a restaurant. It was so good that I could have eaten the whole dessert by myself. There is something about cream puffs that I cannot resist. There is not much to them, but if I see one in a bakery I just cannot resist getting at least one.

Send Recipes:mrgreen:

I too love fruit and cheese, or just fresh fruit. But then again, a proper cheesecake, or a great pie... Favorite fruit for desert? Mellon, especially cantaloupe.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Goodweed of the North said:
Send Recipes:mrgreen:

I too love fruit and cheese, or just fresh fruit. But then again, a proper cheesecake, or a great pie... Favorite fruit for desert? Mellon, especially cantaloupe.

I have the chocolate cake recipe. I will post it.

Deep Dark Chocolate Cake

The cheesecake recipe I will have to beg from my friend, but it won't be a problem. It might take me a bit, she has been sick with the flu.

Sierra Cook; Thank you for the recipe. It has been properly filed. I will be using it at the next birthday (coming up Jan 31 for my sister).

My favorite dessert is ice cream anyday! My favorite is Ben & Jerry's cherry garcia. I'm glad it's really expensive or i'd eat it everyday! :mrgreen:

It was so hard to pick just one as a favorite! The most recent dessert I had was a Tiramisu, so the memory was still fresh! and it WAS a fabulous one as well! However, I must mention this crockery chocolate pudding cake my mom made once...rich and hot and heavenly! I think my diet is fixin' to take a vacation!!!

My favorite would have to be fresh baked cookies (or brownies) - right out of the oven. A close second would be a good italian pastry. Unfortunately, there aren't many desserts I wouldn't eat though.

I can't help it, I'm an Aussie, my ultimate dessert is Pavlova, which is a large marshmallow centred meringue topped with whipped cream and in my book, strawberries, kiwi fruit and passion fruit.

It's also great with low fat icecream or sorbet instead of the cream, so it's a great low fat choice (full of sugar though!!!)

Also a great fruit salad, or even just strawberries sprinkled with cointreau and a dash of clotted cream on top.

I'm a sucker for places that have assorted mini pate a choux type desserts like cream puffs and eclairs. I'll go back just for dessert!

i couldn't see fruit as a choice- fruit for dessert i think is the best not too heavy to finish a meal but sweet enough to satisfy. being in australia our summer is producing some amazing peaches, white peaches, dounut peaches (yes there a real variety)
i poach the peaches in a simple sugar syrup flavoured with fresh ginger, ginger lemon grass tea and a cinnamon stick- serve with labna (lebanese strained yogurt and almond praline bloody beautiful mate

I really love a nice vanilla bean panna cotta with a nice berry sauce...

Or poached pears w/ fresh vanilla whip cream. (real whip cream... none of this "cool whip" garbage)

Mmmmmm.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom