What album/cassette/cd have you most listened to in your life?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

buckytom

Chef Extraordinaire
i was taking my son for a ride to go pick up dinner (veal and peppers with ziti, yummm, our fave:) ) and i popped "the dark side of the moon" into the cd player. it was his first time listening to it; probably the millionth time that i have. it was so cool though, how he reacted. the normally tasmanian devil child that i have spawned sat quietly, almost mesmorized by the music, and he smiled every time i looked back at him, as i belted out the tunes. it was like he and i were listening to it together, just 2 guys chillin to some great tunes. nothing had to be said.

i was thinking of this tonight, and figured that "dark side" was the album that i have listened to the most times in my life. so many times that i can do (poorly) almost every sound effect, background vocal, and those odd background mumblings/voices (please tell me you hear them too :huh: ).

there is no dark side of the moon really. as a matter of fact it's all dark...

so, what recording have you listened to the most times in your life?

Last edited:
It seems every so often I come back to Peter Gabriel's "SO".
"In Your Eyes" is one of those songs I can't ever tire of.

Bucky, I think that you described your music bonding session with your son so touchingly, thank-you for sharing that wonderful memory that you now have with us. (Plus, I am 100% behind intruducing kids to great [classic] rock at a very early age!)

I pondered your question and may have to pick a band more than an album. I've been listening to the Beatles for all of my life. I wasn't born when they were putting out new albums in the 60's, but they've been an integral part of the songs which have played through out my life. More recently I would say that the CD which was put out in 2000 called "The Beatles 1" has become my most played CD. I can tie that CD alone now to several poignant memories and it has helped me through some trying time.

Others that I've played to the point where the neighbours probably wanted to come over and smash my player :mrgreen: are Tom Cochran's "Mad, Mad World", numerous Springsteen and Clapton albums and a fair bit of CCR.

I don't really have any that I play very much now, except ones that I have burned from itunes. Pre Itunes though, my Fat's Domino record has had more mile on it than anything except my Queen and Foreigner 4 8 track's Yes, I said 8 track:-p

jkath said:
Texas...please tell me you have set your 8-track free.

:LOL: No more 8 tracks. Although, dh found a radio with a cassette player and 8 track player in it.:) I've been dying to find one to see if it works and show my boys the difference in sound quality with the cd's they have.

buckytom said:
i was taking my son for a ride to go pick up dinner (veal and peppers with ziti, yummm, our fave:) ) and i popped "the dark side of the moon" into the cd player. it was his first time listening to it; probably the millionth time that i have. it was so cool though, how he reacted. the normally tasmanian devil child that i have spawned sat quietly, almost mesmorized by the music, and he smiled every time i looked back at him, as i belted out the tunes. it was like he and i were listening to it together, just 2 guys chillin to some great tunes. nothing had to be said.

i was thinking of this tonight, and figured that "dark side" was the album that i have listened to the most times in my life. so many times that i can do (poorly) almost every sound effect, background vocal, and those odd background mumblings/voices (please tell me you hear them too :huh: ).

there is no dark side of the moon really. as a matter of fact it's all dark...

so, what recording have you listened to the most times in your life?

Wow bucky, sounds like you two had a great moment.Some moments are just really special. Glad you had that moment.I was Benjamin in my high school play of Joseph and his technicolour coat by Andrew LLoyd Weber(donkeys years ago!) and I bought the musical Cd and my kids sing along in the car while I am driving, and boy It brings tears to my eyes all the time. Special moments. Ohh I also love it when they sing 'mi nataka pesa. I need some cash money...' A Cd from Kenya that I play a lot.

Bucky... I'll say it again. That boy of yours is one lucky guy!
You're a great dad!

I'd have to go with a group too instead of just a single CD.
John Denver. Always and forever.

Little Feat's "Waiting for Columbus", and Allman Brothers "Eat a Peach".
As far as bonding with my son, whose 3 1/2...he really digs my John Mayer Trio cd. It's very bluesy, a departure from the pop stuff he's done.

The only cd I can think of is Paul Simon's Graceland. Aidan really likes dancing around to it too. One of my earliest memories is watching the music video for "You can call me Al," with Chevy Chase. Funny you brought this up because I just listened to this cd yesterday.

What a great story Bucky! I love those times with my kids.

Bucky,

I don't think I have ever taken my Pink Floyd DSOTM and The Wall out of the chenger since the mid 80's. I have since upgraded changers but keep those disks in. I listen to The Wall whenever I'm on a long road trip. Also, let's not forget Def Leppard.

Recent additions, however, have been Howie Day, Ben Folds, and Jason Mraz.

bucky, what a great experience!!!
okay.. mine:
REM - Automatic for the people
Billy Joel - Greatest Hits 1&2&3

There are many albums that gets lots of use here at home and in the car. One of them is Carole King's, Tapestry, but the one that gets the most play is Earth, Wind and Fire's Greatest Hits. I dare you to listen to Serpentine Fire and not move any part of your body to the beat.

Piccolina said:
Others that I've played to the point where the neighbours probably wanted to come over and smash my player :mrgreen: are Tom Cochran's "Mad, Mad World

:punk:

I also loved his debut solo album and "Victory Day".

Other favs.....The Police "Synchronicity", U2's "Joshua Tree" and Roxy Music's "Avalon". Gee, not dating myself at all, huh?:)

Ken I'm with you on your "other favs" - love them!!!

Wasabi, any EW&F is fabulous!

Cara - Billy Joel is a voice I could listen to for hours
...along with other great voices: Elton John, Sting, Bono.....

Cara I used to be the biggest Billy Joel fan ever. I had everything he ever recorded, even before he had a solo career and was in a band. I think it was called Atilla and the Huns or something like that.

I love all sorts of music, but I don't think I have one album I play more than any others. I have thousands of albums and show. A lot of the stuff I listen to are live concerts and the ones I play most are Phish.

Oh, I've listened to Dark Side of the Moon many many many times as well. Good choice. I'm sure the album/cd/cassette I've listened to more than any, however, is Blood on the Tracks by Bob Dylan. A masterpiece.

BC

wasabi said:
There are many albums that gets lots of use here at home and in the car. One of them is Carole King's, Tapestry, but the one that gets the most play is Earth, Wind and Fire's Greatest Hits. I dare you to listen to Serpentine Fire and not move any part of your body to the beat.

wasab-ster, i was just listening to this on my way in tonight. needed to try to stay awake driving in, so i bounced, shucked, jived, and did the lower lip biting thing all the way in to that cd (volume 1 btw. both are great, tho.)

our hearts were ringing
in the key that our souls were singing.
as we danced in the night, remember
how the stars stole the night away, yeah yeah yeah.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom