Postage

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

In the Kitchen

Executive Chef
Don't forget to put 39 cents on your bills when you mail them today. Don't want to have them returned for insufficient postage. I am losing track of all the different changes in prices. Gas is the one I am never sure of. Have to take extra cash when I go there. and then they got nerves to ask if I need car wash? Who can afford it? I would like them to wash the car but the gas company takes all my money.

Yesterday was fine Cora... it's today that the change takes place.
I bought stamps last week. Did they sell me the 39 cent ones?? No. Did they mention that the price was going up? No. No I have 20 37 cent stamps. UGH

Pdswife, I have 77 thirty-seven cent stamps. I buy my stamps in a roll of hundred. Well, forgetting about the price change in November I bought my usual hundred roll of stamps. So, now I also have 77 two cents stamps. How annoying is this going to be until I use up all the stamps. :ohmy:

very very very annoying! I bet ya there are 10,000 other people thinking the same thing today.

Though we're in Ireland I get the little Canada post magazines that they mail out (if you sign up for them online) about the new stamps, and I see that the standard national Canadian postal rate has gone up to 51 cents.

In Canada I would always keep some 1 cent stamps on hand, as it seems that for the last several years they have increased the rate by a penny every January. But it's not a huge deal for the first month or two. I've never had mail returned, as the post office is pretty understanding in the weeks after a rate hike.

I did the same thing as Sierra Cook...now another trip to buy two cent stamps..oh well. That's the way it goes. Gas prices jumped 11 cents from one day to the next so two cents looks ok.
Marge

I was in line a few days ago needing only 16 2 cent stamps and a person in front of me was sold twenty 37 cent stamps and was told the price to send a letter was not going up until sunday.

Of course you can buy a bunch of 2 cent stamps to put with you 37 cent stamps.

Did you know you can take your 37 cent stamps back to the post office and get your money back?

True?

Andy M. said:
Of course you can buy a bunch of 2 cent stamps to put with you 37 cent stamps.

Did you know you can take your 37 cent stamps back to the post office and get your money back?

I asked last week about returning? He said can you imagine the mess we would have if we were to return all 37 cent stamps? He said buy 2 cents. How come I always have to do everything the long way? I have unopened roll I got since Christmas. It was the 8th when the postage changed. Better put 2 more cents on your mail.

Glad to hear you Dove. doing okay?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom