Hot Dog Perfume

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

-DEADLY SUSHI-

Washing Up
Is it just ME? :unsure: Why cant they come out with a perfume for women that men REALLY like? How about a body splash that smells like hot dogs? Or pulled pork?!

What food perfume would YOU like to see on the market?

Hey Sushi!
You must have been catching my brain waves. I was just at Sephora (big shop full of makeup, perfumes and colognes) and was in the men's section with my nephew, helping him find a new fragrance. There's a line called "Demeter" that has one called "humidor" that rocks. It's a smoky-cedar kind of smell that I couldn't get enough of. Definitely man smell. Mesquite smelled like a guy who'd been BBQ-ing. Of course, they also have one called "rubber" "...yep, smelled like a mechanic. Also (and I kid you not) one called "dirt". Guess what it smelled like? You got it. Right up from the garden.
Ah - here's the site: http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P97902&shouldPaginate=true&categoryId=4183

Last edited:
LOOOOVVVE! SEPHORA!!! jkath, a woman DEFINITELY invented this line for men. Reason being, there is no other way a man would step foot in that store willingly. I bet they have it displayed clear at the back of the store so the woman in tote can grab one of everything on the way to the back, so by the time he gets to the back to pick up what he wants, we are done shopping! :LOL:

When I was a kid, I always wished they would have made a steak flavored chewing gum, or maybe pizza flavored. Hot dog would have been good too. And then there's always baked beans, or pancakes with maple syrup.

As an adult, I think that sewing shops should have a section for men, with supplies for fly fishing, especially the supplies for tying your own flys, and kits for making your own fishing creels. Both stores require specialty threads, yarns, feathers, beads, shiny things, etc. It's a natural.:mrgreen:

And ladies, there is nothing more distracting in church than strawberry perfume! Don't wear it there. It makes it very hard to take the mind off of the stomach and put it on the speaker.:LOL: The same would be true for any fruity perfume, such as orange, pear, peach, etc.

And guys, B.O. just isn't a cologne,:ROFLMAO: no matter how hard you've been working on the honey-do list.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

I have a perfume called Brown Sugar. When I wear it, I hear everything from, "I smell candy," to "I smell popcorn!" It really does smell like brown sugar. They also make White Sugar, but I haven't got that one.

:) Barbara

This ties in to my wish that "they" would make candles that smell like food savory, not desserts). I'm thinking roast turkey candles would be a hit!

sush, women wear perfum for themselves (same goes for the way they dress, their makeup, shoes, accessories, etc.). they don't have to do much to get us chasing them now, do they?
in contrast, men are supposed to wear cologne for a woman's pleasure. think about it, when you buy a cologne, you think of how a chick is going to react, aren't you.
about the only thing a guy buys for himself is beer, and tickets to sporting events. and those are both just rentals, really...

Very astute Bucktom! Just like clothing. I read once that women dress for other women. This seems to hold true for a lot of women--they want the approval of other women. Women are quick both to compliment other women on their clothing/make-up/hair and to rip them to shreds over them!

:) Barbara

Ladies, ladies please, they've had the best perfume to attract a man for almost a hundred years and marketed under numerous brand names.

It's called 10W-30. Just a dab behind the ears combined with a little unleaded on the wrists and watch his little heart go pitty pat. :mrgreen:

Just tell him it's the NASCAR look.

Hmm... why don't they come out with a men's cologne that smells like Chocolate? hee hee

Last edited:
Jkath, I love the idea of "humidor" perfume, I would snap that up in an instant. The smokey, warm scent of good tobacco (pipe/cigar) is one of my very favourite smells of all time.

I love the scent of fresh laundry that has been dried on the line, that might make a neat perfume. Or what about chcocolate? Would it make the wearer to hungry having to smell that all day?

When I was a in middle school and juniour high I would sometimes put a dab of vanilla extract on my wrists, because there was no money for real perfume. It actually smelt pretty, and I recall being asked a few times, what scent I was wearing :LOL:

piccolina, i have always loved the smell of a pipe, since my uncles smoked them at family parties when i was young.
and cigars are an extremely guilty pleasure. a great dinner, exquisite dessert, a snifter and a cuban in a comfortable chair is nearly nirvana.
unfortunately, for health and stink reasons, i don't smoke much anymore.

i have a chacom pipe that i've broken out again recently, and enjoy on special occasions. now i need to find some good vanilla or black cherry tobacco.

oh, I would buy up any scent or candle that smelled like a pipe. I smell the aroma of cherry vanilla pipe tobacco, and have to look around in hopes of catching a glimpse of my beloved grandpa... :angel:

buckytom said:
piccolina, i have always loved the smell of a pipe, since my uncles smoked them at family parties when i was young.
and cigars are an extremely guilty pleasure. a great dinner, exquisite dessert, a snifter and a cuban in a comfortable chair is nearly nirvana.
unfortunately, for health and stink reasons, i don't smoke much anymore.

i have a chacom pipe that i've broken out again recently, and enjoy on special occasions. now i need to find some good vanilla or black cherry tobacco.

My first memorable whifts of the aromatic delight which is good pipe tobacco came from a very elderly neighbour that lived on our street when I was a little girl. He was a wonderful, slighlty eccentric old (like about 85) French gentleman who would sit out on his porch (they lived about 5 houses down from us) and smoke his pipe. It's woodsy, vanilla scent drifting down the street to my young nose. I was hooked instantly.

Much like yourself Bucky, I would list the odd, excellent cigar as one of my secret indulgences, though the number has dwindled due to my health as well. Chacom pipes are lovely, what type do you have? I don't smoke a pipe really, but I like a slight curve in pipes (not to a comical Sherlock Holmes level) that some of the Charcom pipes have. As well all of the Charcoms have that fantastic aged briar wood which is so elegant.

oh, I would buy up any scent or candle that smelled like a pipe.
That is really good idea Shannon, I would love a candle that smelt of sweet tobacco as well - if I ever encounter one I will let you know :)

There is a candle scent that is black cherry sweet tobacco!
It's used by many candle makers - do a google search and you'll find it!

There's nothing like two fingers of Lagavulin 16-year and a maduro LaGloria Cubana wavell. That's a smell that gets on your clothes and in your hair, lingers and never fails to please.

I prefer mine on the porch of the condo we like to rent in Kiawah Island, SC, but I'll take one on my back porch in the foothills of Tennessee just as happily.

Back
Top Bottom