The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We are having a problem with avatars right now though so it might not load due to no fault of your own. The site owner is aware and is working to fix this issue.

ok thanks bunches, I did upload it and it was sucessful but just doesn't show up on the panel... :)

I guess we need to post a "FAQ" on this ....

Files must be either JPG or GIF format.

The maximum displayable size of an avatar is 80 x 80 pixels. The maximum file size is 64 Kb. If the avatar exceeds either of these limits - it will not show up as an avatar in your message postings.

Rob Babcock is right - you can have an animated GIF file for an avatar - as long as the "viewable" area is <= 80x80 pixels and the total file size is <= 64 Kb.

You can "upload" a file to use as an avatar that doesn't "fit the specs" and the "system" will accept it. It just will not display it as an avatar.

kimbaby - the pic you uploaded for your avatar was too big (100 wide x76 high pixels display area). I trimmed it down (69x76 pixels) and "re-submitted" it. This may take a while (a few hours) to see if it displays. There has been a problem with avatars and they sometimes take several hours for the host server to "recycle" before they show up. If your avatar doesn't show up in 24-hours, PM me.

Back
Top Bottom