Dinner today..31/1?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
What are you planning for dinner today? I'm doing rib eye steaks with garlic parsley butter, I bought a celery root and I'm going to try this salad, you slice the root after peeling into matchstick size slices, dice red apples and granny smith apples, toasted wlanut pieces and dress with a mix of sour cream,mayo, plain yogurt and a little white truffle oil,. Twice baked potatoes, green beans with garlic,butter and bacon..rolls and an apple tart.

Happy eating:)

kadesma

You guys talked about Greek so much last week that ya put me in the mood for gyros.
I have some frozen left over leg of lamb in the freezer. I'm going to go buy some Greek pita bread and slice some onions and tomatoes up.

We're still planning the big Greek dinner for Saturday. WIsh you could all come.

DD has basketball tonight so I only have an hour to get dinner made and eaten: I have one pre cooked turkey leg and half a breast thawing in the fridge. I will make mashed potatos, then just open a can of gravy and a can of cranberry sauce. Then throw together a salad. Nothing special tonight. The rest of the week should be better.

Trying to decide whether to defrost a chicken and roast it, or a pork roast. I'd better decide soon though or we won't be eating til LATE.

Alix said:
Trying to decide whether to defrost a chicken and roast it, or a pork roast. I'd better decide soon though or we won't be eating til LATE.

I say :chicken: .

If I'm lucky tonight, we might go to my favorite restaurant "España". The menu truly roams around the Mediterranean Sea with choices like French onion soup, Gaspacho Andalusia, classic Greek salad, Seafood Barcelona, Paella, Moroccan Sasndwich, Chicken Milanesa and Pasta Primavera. I can't wait.

Simple, but yummy . . . . Grilled Italian Chicken, rice and veggies.

The chicken is marinated in Italian dressing, and grilled on my George Foreman grill. Regular ol' rice, with soy sauce (my main preference on rice). Veggies will be corn, mixed or grean beans. Not sure yet.

Thinking about starting to marinate/coat the buffalo wings tonight for Sunday's Big Game! :chef:

Homemade garden tomato soup that I put up this summer and patty melts.

Alix (and Ken), if you want a good and easy roast chicken recipe, one of my favorite's is ABJcooking's:

Roasted Chicken with Balsamic Vinaigrette

1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
2T. Dijon mustard
2T. fresh lemon juice
2 garlic cloves, chopped
2T. olive oil
salt and pepper
1 (4lb.) whole chicken, cut into pieces
1/2 cup low-salt chicken broth (I used homemade)
1t. lemon zest
1T. chopped fresh parsley leaves for garnish

Whisk the vinegar, mustard, lemon juice, garlic, olive oil, salt, and pepper in small bowl to blend. Combine the vinaigrette and chicken pieces in large resealable plastic bag; seal the bag and toss to coat. Refrigerate, turning the chicken pieces occasionally, for at least 2 hours and up to 1 day.

Preheat the oven to 400. Remove chicken from the bag and arrange the chicken pieces on a large greased baking dish. Roast until the chicken is just cooked through, about 1 hour. If your chicken browns too quickly, cover it with foil for the remaining cooking time. Transfer the chicken to a serving platter. Place the baking dish on a burner over medium-low heat. Whisk the chicken broth into the pan drippings, scraping up any browned bits on the bottom of the baking sheet with a wooden spoon and mixing them into the broth and pan drippings. Drizzle the pan drippings over the chicken. Sprinkle the lemon zest and parsley over the chicken and serve.

Roasted Chicken with Balsamic Vinaigrette

"Alix (and Ken), if you want a good and easy roast chicken recipe, one of my favorite's is ABJcooking's:"

That is one of my favorite recipes also, wish I could take credit for it, but it is from Everyday Italian. It's amazing how some of the simplest ingredients can create some of the best results.

I'm too tired to cook so I'm just heating up some bagle bites.

We had a big lunch yesterday so I realized that last night we just ate saltines and Oreos...:LOL:

Guess we'd better find something a little more substantial tonight!
(kadesma, can we come to your house??)

I think we'll have roasted chicken and I'll roast some veggies, too. I have potatoes, garlic, bell peppers, and onions.

We made steak and cheese tortilla pizzas with some of the leftovers from the smoked beef tenderloin.

Tortialla shells
Leftover beer sliced into chunks
Mushrooms
A1 Steak Sauce
Mozzerella and Swiss cheese

Make a pizza on the tortilla and into a 425 degree oven until everything is nice and goey, and the tortilla bowns up around the edges...

Yummy!

John

Last edited:
ronjohn55 said:
Wemade steak and cheese tortilla pizzas with some of the leftovers from the smoked beef tenderloin.

Tortialla shells
Leftover beer sliced into chunks
Mushrooms
A1 Steak Sauce
Mozzerella and Swiss cheese

Make a pizza on the tortilla and into a 425 degree oven until everything is nice and goey, and the tortilla bowns up around the edges...

Yummy!

John

:LOL: :ROFLMAO: :LOL:

callie said:
We had a big lunch yesterday so I realized that last night we just ate saltines and Oreos...:LOL:

Guess we'd better find something a little more substantial tonight!
(kadesma, can we come to your house??)
Come on, we have plenty :LOL:

kadesma

kimbaby said:
we had goloush for dinner with garlic bread... it was good:)
Kim,
how did you make your goulash? Dh likes it but, I've no clue...My mom use to make it and I'd go hide..I think I've grown up enough to give it a try now...

kadesma:LOL:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom