TGIF, dinner anyone? 2/3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LEFSElover

Executive Chef
Oh it's Friday, and my Donegal Ireland 2006 Calendar has the most beautiful pictures of green and gorgeous Ireland.

Last night for dinner, I borrowed from another thread. Someone was making shrimp skewers so I got out the frozen shrimp. Melted butter/o-o/garl/rosemr/house seasoning marinated then skewered with lemon over top. Seasoned frits with cauliflower covered in cheddar.

Tonight, don't know don't care. One consideration is the tender beef from nights ago with its au juice on crusty sourdough rolls from Albertsons with simple salad of Best Foods w/ sliced heirloom toms. Oh and a margarita. It is Friday after all:glare:

anyone else?

Dinner on February 3?

As mentioned in another thread, we are doing potato skins...and likely caesar salad.

Edit: Sorry Lefselover, I think we had the same idea at the same time, I merged our threads.

Paul really liked the peas I made last night
so I'll make some more of those. I have no idea about the rest of the meal though. Tomorrow were having a dinner party with Greek food including Baklava, I'll spend most of the day cooking and cleaning...so what ever I do tonight will be simple.

I love baklavaaaa!! I made it a few month ago it was a pain in the hiney buttering each single layer of fillo but in the end it was worth every bit of the toil!! I will surely do that again...:-p

Today we will have broccoli and cheese casserole and pasta with prawns and peas...

yep..it's a pain but...it's oh so good!!! I could eat it every day for ever!

Prawns! That's what we'll have for dinner! Thanks for the idea.

Constance said:
We're having potato soup and grilled cheese sandwiches. I used Yukon Gold Potatoes....yummy!

A couple of things. First, I am boycotting potatoes. Yesterday while in the supermarket, I went into the produce section only to check their potato prices. Still too high, way too high. I went to the clerk with a 3 lb bag of Yukon golds as I love them maybe the most of any potato. They were marked $.99 and they were about to be put in my cart. He told me they'd been mismarked that they were in fact, $3.99 for the bag. I put them back. So enjoy your pricey soup!:ROFLMAO: I'm jealous:wacko:

Second thing, if we travel this weekend, I'm making two prized recipes, one for soft sugar cookies and one for Perfect Sara Lee (copycat) pound cake. The cookie recipe was given to me by one very lovely sweet woman in here..........:wub:
Third, remember Constance what we've discussed in PM's? I'm still doing that for you..........big hug:heart:

Tonight is burgers on the GF grill and french fries - possible some gingerbread cookies for dessert - the last part is iffy - I'm getting ready to paint this weekend, so if I have time and am not too tired I will do the cookies.

kimbaby, that sounds good - do you do "from scratch"? we do, usually only once a year - I cheat the other times and use banquet for the crock frozen bags. now i don't want my burgers, i want chicken and dumplings!

I ended up getting shrimp and clams to go with the peas.

I'll steam the clams and have butter for dipping
and I'll saute the shrimp with some onions, garlic,butter,white wine and a little lemon juice.

The plan for dinner was grilled turkey smoked sausage, potato salad and baked beans. But after I got back from having coffee with my mom and dad, going to the bank, and grocery shopping instead of making potato salad I went for a walk with my dog. In place of the potato salad I used one of those boxed pasta salads and doctored it up with green onions, kidney beans, tomato, etc. I skipped the baked beans and just served the sausage on a whole wheat roll.

meatloaf burgers courtesy of Sara Moulton, oven roasted potatoes & shallots, green salad

snickerdoodles we made this afternoon for dessert

I made turkey burgers for dinner with salad for me on the side, and onion rings for DH. Dessert came later in the evening in the form of a muug of homemade hot chocolate. A great treat to get us through a cold Irish night and kick off the weekend :)

tonight was chinese take out. veggie and tofu soup, veggie spring rolls, steamed chicken and broccoli with garlic sauce on the side, kung pao chicken , also steamed w/ side sauce, and since it's new years, pork chow ho fun.

oh, and lefse, donegal is the most beautiful county in ireland. get yourself to letterkenny, then go west to the coast.

Last edited:
kimbaby said:
chicken and dumplings

Hmmm... yum. I would love that for a cold winter day like today!
I have trouble making it faster than my recipe calls for... I am lazy :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom