Green Onion Pancakes with Tomato-Avacado Salsa - Rec.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mish

Washing Up
I went looking thru my files for a dish I haven't tried, yet, that might go well with Dina's salmon with lemongrass pesto. This one could be a first course/side/appy, or paired with a salad for a light meal.

Green Onion Pancakes with Tomato-Avocado Salsa
Serving Size : 12

Salsa:
1 2/3 cups chopped seeded plum tomato
1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
1/2 cup chopped peeled avocado
2 tablespoons finely chopped seeded jalapeño pepper
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
1 teaspoon minced fresh oregano
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Dash of sugar

Pancakes:
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 1/2 cups low-fat buttermilk
1 large egg, beaten
1 cup chopped green onions
6 Tablespoons (1 1/2 oz) Shredded provolone

To prepare salsa, combine first 9 ingredients in a bowl. Cover and chill.

To prepare pancakes, lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour and next 5 ingredients (flour through black pepper) in a large bowl; make a well in center of mixture. Combine buttermilk and egg in a bowl; add to flour mixture. Stir just until moist. Let stand 10 minutes. Fold in green onions and provolone cheese.

Spoon about 1/4 cup batter onto a hot nonstick griddle or nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray. Turn pancakes when tops are covered with bubbles and edges look cooked (about 3 minutes). Serve salsa over warm pancakes.

Mmmm that sounds like a terrific brunch dish to me! Served with a pile of fluffy scrambled eggs and a couple of good sausage links on the side.

Lee

QSis said:
Mmmm that sounds like a terrific brunch dish to me! Served with a pile of fluffy scrambled eggs and a couple of good sausage links on the side.

Lee

Lee, you always come up with great ideas. Brunch didn't occur to me. Thank you! :)

Shunka said:
This sounds sooooooo good!!!

Thank you, Shunka. I think we're the all-time veggie fans. Hope you enjoy. Oh, yeah, a little sour cream on top can't hurt. :)

Thank you, thumper. Hope you enjoy the dish.

Here is a little pic to whet your appetite :)

cl_23787.1_m.jpg

The pic 'sold' me too, Shunka. My only teeny concern (but not really a concern), is that some folks might find it a tad bland... so, thinking of adding a bit of lemon juice to the green onion pancake mix? You think?

Back
Top Bottom