Mu Shu In a Flash

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mish

Washing Up
This may not be authentic, but it's an easy dish to put together and a great way to use up leftovers i.e. beef/steak, shrimp, crab, etc. Hoisin can be found in the ethnic condiment section of the market.

MU SHU In a Flash
Serving Size : 4

1 teaspoon vegetable oil
2 boneless pork loin chops, trimmed of fat and thinly sliced, about 8 ounces
1 bunch scallions, washed, dried and diagonally sliced into 1-inch strips
1 16-ounce bag shredded cabbage for coleslaw
1 cup shredded carrots
1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1/2 cup Teriyaki Baste and Glaze
1/4 cup water
8 flour tortillas
Hoisin sauce

Place a large skillet with a tight-fitting lid over medium-high heat. Add the oil and pork slices and saute 1 minute. Add the scallions, cabbage, carrots and mushrooms. Stir well, and saute 3 minutes.

While the pork and vegetables cook, combine the garlic, Teriyaki baste and water in a small bowl. Pour over pork and vegetable mixture, stirring well. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 7 to 10 minutes, until vegetables are very tender.

Spread the tortillas with desired amount of Hoisin sauce, and top with some of the pork and cabbage mixture.

oh, mish, you have spoken to my heart!!! My numero uno absolute favorite chinese dish is mu shu pork! I lllll llove it! See, I'm stuttering just thinking about it:) I would never have tried it at home! I like the thinner pancakes you get in the restaurants, so I could just substitute for the flour tortillas! thanks for this yummy post, I can't wait to try it out!

Jenny said:
oh, mish, you have spoken to my heart!!! My numero uno absolute favorite chinese dish is mu shu pork! I lllll llove it! See, I'm stuttering just thinking about it:) I would never have tried it at home! I like the thinner pancakes you get in the restaurants, so I could just substitute for the flour tortillas! thanks for this yummy post, I can't wait to try it out!

Jenny, I'm wild about Mu Shu (moo shi, whatever way it's spelled) too!!! This is sooo easy to put together at home, and the tortillas work very well, imo. Mandarin is also one of my favorites, and I hafta hafta order dumplings too, as an appy. Thinking out loud, you could probably add in some scrambled eggs too. You are very welcome. Enjoy!:)

mish -
I adore mu shu - I admit I don't look any further on any Chinese menu than this. I can't wait to try it. thanks for sharing!
andrea

Back
Top Bottom