what is your favorite seafood?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

what seafood do you like best?

• crab

Votes: 9 15.0%
  • lobster

Votes: 17 28.3%
  • shrimp

Votes: 11 18.3%
  • scallops

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • oysters

Votes: 6 10.0%
  • clams

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • fish- all types

Votes: 10 16.7%
  • octopus

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • other(not listed)

Votes: 3 5.0%
  • don't eat seafood

Votes: 1 1.7%

• Total voters
Oh I love it all. There is no way I could pick a favorite. It used to be lobster hands down, but now that I have gotten into sushi I just want it all. Oysters, crab, tuna (raw of course), squid, clams, you name it, if it is seafood then I will eat it :)

Other! Squid is my favourite.

I like many different kinds of fish, and prawns, too, but can take or leave lobster or crab or baby octopus, and I won't touch oysters or mussels.

Too many favorites, or at least "very fond ofs" to list!

Walleye - absolutely!
Northern Pike - A onderful fish when it's properly cleaned (No bones!) It's white, mild, flakey, and just all around good!
Lake Superior Whitefish - can't be beat for a fish fry
Mahi Mahi
Tuna (Especially Ahi sashimi)

Gotta plug to other fresh water fishes - The yellow perch, and SMELT!!!

Really, about the only thing I'm not crazy about is scallops. It's probably because I'm in Michigan, but I've never had a great meal featuring scallops.

In fact, we're leading off our smokehouse dinner with smoked salmon and a smoked salmon dip!

John

I enjoy most all fish and shellfish, but my ultimate favorite is lobester, but it has to be fresh not frozen and have lots of melted butter along side:LOL:

kadesma

Adore almost all seafood, and a lot of it raw, but I just am not that fond of octopus sashimi.

Kinda tough and chewy and not, at least to me, all that tasty.

I love anything that swims and all kinds of shellfish. I voted for oysters, but I'll take anything on the list. Scallops and Lobster are way up there, but a good fried grouper sandwich is hard to beat. And though it's not seafood, a pan-fried rainbow trout with a very light coating gets me half-way to heaven.

I LOVE lobster and shrimp... but I dont get to indulge due to my being a "starving student" on a tight budget! If I had the funds though I'd be eating lobster everyday! :mrgreen:

More affordable seafood that I eat quite often would be salmon. I buy fresh, smoked salmon tips from my grocer and eat that with a big salad for dinner. Mmmmmmm. I also buy the pre-portioned salmon fillets and make garlic or herb crusted salmon. Yum. SALMON is so tasty!

Count me in among the "I love it all" gang. I can think of cuts of tuna, swordfish, shark that I don't like .... but in general - I can't find anything not to love (okay - eel had to be put on the plate, and I had to eat it, before I would accept the idea ....).

Scallops get my vote, hands down. It sounds a little silly, but I've always loved how their versatility makes them like "chicken breasts of the sea"

(*Perhaps it's best I don't tell Jessica Simpson that though* :LOL:)

Hands down it's crab for me. Must be bought alive though, not frozen. I find the crabs in Asia a lot tastier than those I've had in the U.S. Must be the warmer waters?

I had to vote for "other". I like everything listed, with the exception of octopus, and I just haven't tried that yet.

Ronjon, I have to admit, I'm growing very accustomed to the local fish available here. Since I'm a transplant, I was never exposed to whitefish or smelt until I moved up here. We get smoked whitefish at work, and I think it's really good. To me, smelt tastes like fish sticks, which I love, but haven't had in years. That's also something that we get a work, breaded and frozen, and just drop it in a deep-fryer for employee break. I've tried a few Walleye fillets, and like that as well. Never had pike.

PeppA keeps telling me that one of these years, she's going to take me smelt-dipping. The only thing I'm not looking forward to is the cleaning process.

i have yet to meet a fish that i didn't want to eat in some way, raw or cooked.
the only fish that i don't like sashimi style is squid, but i love squid steamed, broiled, fried, acid cooked, or grilled.

octopus is delicious as sashimi, imo. it's slightly sweet, and if fresh, sliced properly, and top grade, not tough at all. octopus is also delicious prepared mediterranean style. i've heard that it is beaten over and over to tenderize it.

i even like monk fish livers, and sea urchin (topped with a raw quail egg, gunkan style).

Last edited:
Am I the only one here that doesn't eat seafood?
Wish I liked it - but at least I love to go fishing. Does that count?

Gotta apologize.

AllenMI mentioned smelt.

Have not seen them for years where we are.

But they may be number one.

Back
Top Bottom