11,000 FEMA Trailers sitting in Arkansas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Raven

Sous Chef
Have you seen this report that there are "over 10,000" (some news reports say 11, 000, some say 12,000) FEMA emergency housing trailers sitting at the Hope airport in Hope Arkansas? (Birthplace of Bill Clinton) where they have been sitting for the past 5 months.

I saw this on our local news since the airport is kicking up a fuss about the loss of a runway and just saw another report about it on CNN.

I agree that the people need the housing.
I agree that they need to be distributed.

But I want them gone for another reason. Our severe weather season is coming up in March through June, and that much Tornado Bait sitting that close to my house is making me nervous!! :angel:

Talk about "Chumming the waters" EEK!

~ Raven ~

Jeez, Raven, I feel for you. My nephew in law is in Louisiana right now for the next week helping move the trailers from all over. Their problem seems to come from finding the people willing to come down there and get them moved. FEMA is paying a descent price, from what I understand, to get them moved. There are more coming in now that people are finding out about it.
Hopefully, they will get moved pretty quickly now.

Yeah that's true about the price. They're paying $25,000.00 a month for the land.

On a serious note though, Hempstead County is one of our more active severe weather counties (along with Miller, Little River and Nevada Co.'s) so I honestly hope they don't get wiped out in a tornado. That would be horrible.

~ Raven ~

Back
Top Bottom