Valentine's Dinner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm cooking . . . . . hee hee hee :chef:

Steak (her filet migion {sp?} and me rib eye), potatoes (not sure how yet) and some sort of veggie. A non-alchy sparkling beverage as Mrs. Big Dog does not drink adult beverages (according to her, I don't either, but . . . . :innocent: never mind, I plead the 5th!).

I'll be cooking too.
I guess I'll figure out what to do with some boneless pork chops. I'll probably make kadesma's pork chops with onion sauce. Make some potatoes and veggies myself.

Last edited:
I really haven't thought of a dessert. Thanks RMS, now I'll go look for something that sounds good.

I think I'll make this.

Last edited:
I've been checking out this link

http://www.razzledazzlerecipes.com/valentines/dinner.htm

Probably make fettucine with cream, basil and romano (for my daughter) and for my husband and I, I'm still searching the above link :) If filet mignon is less expensive than lobster is right now, then I'll probably make that along with roasted potatoes and some other veggie, and creme brulee for dessert.

I bought some shrimp the other day... ended up tossing it in the fridge. I'll probly make that. I always just saute them in butter, lemon juice, garlic, onion and white wine. Anyone have any different ideas? Nothing too spicy. We like to taste the shrimp.

I'm making turkey cutlets with smokey black bean sauce. I'll serve it with a green salad and tortillas. No dessert:mad: , DH is trying to be good (and it wouldn't hurt me to be, either!).

We're going to have surf'n turf. I have some lovely ribeye steaks and peeled, deveined, Xtra large shrimp in the freezer, some nice big Yukon Gold potatoes in the pantry that are begging to be baked, and salad fixing's.
Since HB will probably do most of that, I am thinking about some small, very chocolate tidbit that I can make for dessert.

I just found the kraftfood website and had my bf pick from there. I'm making him

Spinach Stuffed Mushrooms
1 pkg. (6 oz.) STOVE TOP Stuffing Mix for Chicken
1-1/2 cups hot water 40 medium mushrooms (about 2 lb.), cleaned
2 Tbsp. butter 2 cloves garlic, minced
1 pkg. (10 oz.) frozen chopped spinach, thawed, well drained
1 cup KRAFT Shredded Low-Moisture Part-Skim Mozzarella Cheese
1 cup KRAFT 100% Grated Parmesan Cheese

PREHEAT oven to 400°F. Mix stuffing mix and hot water in large bowl; set aside. Remove stems from mushrooms; chop stems. Melt butter in large skillet on medium heat. Add chopped stems and the garlic; cook and stir until tender. Add to prepared stuffing along with the spinach and cheeses; mix well.
SPOON evenly into mushroom caps. Place, filled-sides up, in shallow baking pan.
BAKE 20 min. or until mushrooms are tender and filling is heated through.

A basic Salad and

Shrimp-in-Love Pasta
4 oz. linguine, uncooked
1 cup cleaned medium fresh shrimp
2 medium tomatoes, chopped (about 1 cup)
1/2 cup PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese Spread
1-1/2 cups torn cleaned spinach

COOK linguine as directed on package.
MEANWHILE, heat large skillet on medium-high heat. Add shrimp, tomatoes and cream cheese spread; cook and stir 3 to 4 minutes or until shrimp are cooked through and mixture is well blended.
DRAIN pasta; place in large bowl. Add spinach; toss lightly. Stir in shrimp mixture.

We're gonna have New York strip steaks, baked taters and salad and a nice red wine. Dessert? I'm not sure yet. Amber, I was thinking about creme brulee, too...

I really want some oysters - but there are none around here. I could buy some canned smoked oysters...I've never bought/eaten regular canned oysters. Are they any good? :( I want fresh ones!

Hubby surprised me with pizza last night so I guess tonight we'll be having the steaks we were supposed to have last night. We all love steak anyway and it'll be an easy night of cooking.
I did decide on a dessert though, Strawberry shortcake!

I don't eat oysters so I'm sorry have no info on the canned ones.

I won't be cooking tonight since DH got us some Philipino pancit (sp) and Italian food. I baked some heart shaped fudge brownies, lemon bars and chocolate chip cookies...and chocolate covered strawberries for DH and I. Guess the thawed sirloin and tilapia will have to wait till tomorrow.

I'd been thinking about a cool chocolate desert for tonight, but I have been hurting a lot, and neither of us needs a whole pie, cake, or anything!

My oldest grandson is a chef for the new Appleby's, and I had him bring us two of these very decadent triple fudge brownie things, and they look and smell divine...Really real fudge sauce. Hey...$5 each for a great dessert, plus $5 tip for the boy. (he would have done it for nothing...) No work for me at all. I like it.

We are going out with some very dear friends..So I'm sure it will be lot's of fun. I love the place we're going and they have a special menu tonight, now I just need to decide, will it be a grilled rib eye,or filet, or chicken parmesan or eggplant parmesan, or maybe an herb crusted rack of lamb, maybe jumbo shrimp and lingiune with garlic and parsley, or a breaded pork utlet...Hummm, dessert I've laready picked..creme brulee..oink oink:LOL:
Happy Valentines day friends:)

kadesma

We had the pork chops with onion sauce of kadesma. We had a huge cinnamon roll with a cinnamon crumb top from a place mil went to. It was heavenly!!!

Shrimp Scampi!! The local grocery store had shrimp on sale. So, I bought a half pound and stuffed myself silly. I also had a tossed green salad on the side with Italian salad dressing. For dessert heart shaped sugar cookie compliments of my mom.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom