ScanPan Lids

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

piorv2

Assistant Cook
I bought a Scanpan 10 piece set which I really like. They are great on cooking and cleaning. I have a problem with the lids. When you purchase them you must attach the handles with a metal washer on both sides of the glass lid which are tightened with a screw into the handle. When you cook or wash them water gets between the washer and the glass. You can see it swishing around in there because the washer on the top is larger than the one on the bottom. I have hand tightened them, switched them and they still collect the water. I have e-mailed customer service and the solution and they questioned my assembly procedure and whether I had machine tightened the screw which could casue the washer to bend. They have sent me a new handle set (I requested two). I love the pans but the handles are frustrating. They even collect steam when you are cooking! The water collects in the larger lids worse than the smaller lids. The only way to release the water is to loosen with a screw. I kept asking in the emails if other people have this problem with the lids. No reply was given by the respondent. Any ideas out there? Should I send the whole set back and get something else? I really like the pans!

Last edited:
hi piorv2, just a thought, if you can't get satisfaction from the manufacturer and you're going to keep the set, try making or buying a rubber washer that can handle relatively high temps. when you tighten the screw, it should compress on the rubber washer, sealing out moisture.
if you can't find a suitable washer, but a high temp rubber pot holder and cut out a circle to fit the lid and handle properly.

Back
Top Bottom