Hope I am not being too forward

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kimbaby

Executive Chef
being to forward or upsetting anyone,I ran into a thread,I didn't know how to take,if it was a joke or for real,computer lingo is sometimes like that...
anyway I do not mean to be a thread machine I truely am sorry if I have offened any one....:(

I don't think the person who posted that meant anything bad by it. I think they were just commenting on how many new threads you have started recently, which is a good thing, not a bad thing :)

I am not sure which was the thread or post that caused you this concern, but I am indeed sure of one thing, that many people really enjoy all the fun thread you create, including myself!! There is nothing to worry about Kim, we love your cool ideas!!

Okay... I think I found which one you were talking about... I totally agree with GB, that was obviously a good natured banter... keep smiling!!:)

kimbaby said:
being to forward or upsetting anyone,I ran into a thread,I didn't know how to take,if it was a joke or for real,computer lingo is sometimes like that...
anyway I do not mean to be a thread machine I truely am sorry if I have offened any one....:(
Kim, I know whick thread you are speaking of..It's banter..One thing I've realized is, that when using a computer, people cannot see uor faces as we speak, so, that is one reason I use so many of these:LOL: :) :pig: :wacko: It gives you a chance to see I'm kidding, or happy, laughing, whatever I might be feeling or expressing...I know sometimes it might bug people, but, they do know what I'm trying to get accross. I love all the new threads, they are fun and have even reminded me of things I'd forgotten..This said..Post some more, we love them..

kadesma:)

This place would stink if we did not have people like you posting new threads. It is necessary for the survival of DC. Keep em coming!!!

kimbaby said:
Hey, "thread machine" would make a good signature!:mrgreen:

Don't worry Kimbaby - post away. I enjoy your threads. I can't imagine you upsetting anyone!:)

Hiya Kimbaby.

Take it with a grain of salt. Don't know which post you're referring too, but, your requests/posts for recipes/ideas, has made me search thru my files for recipes I had long forgotten about; and I might add, questions about recipes/foods we all enjoy. Just not sure if I want to give up all my secrets. :LOL:

Saw the post you are referring to. IMO, this is a cooking forum. Keep 'em coming, Kim.

Last edited:
Kimbaby, don't worry, actually, I thought the same thing when I saw that new thread, I just smiled and said, there she goes!!:LOL:
You are not offending ANYONE here!! This is the funest {probably not a real word}place to go and you are one of the ones that make it fun with your threads. Don't worry!!

BUT, to start a new thread requesting people's 'favourite..... (fill in item, dish, variety, fruit etc) without posting recipes does appear odd to me too! :cool:

I'm not trying to hurt your feelings, Kimbaby - just stating that I agree with Haggis - but then, hey, we're both Scottish.... known for our wry sense of humour.

You shouldn't be worried, though cos, judging by this thread, you're making a great impression here and everyone seems to love you. :)

Kimbaby - It is easy to misinterpret what someone is saying on the computer because we can't see expressions and hear tone of voice. I love your "thread machine" capabilities! I actually was thinking of starting an off-topic thread and was afraid (since I am still a newbie here, don't really know protocal quite yet-I don't want to make a fool of myself -easy to do). I thought about sending you a message to do it for me! So keep them coming - you're great!

Michelemarie said:
Kimbaby - It is easy to misinterpret what someone is saying on the computer because we can't see expressions and hear tone of voice. I love your "thread machine" capabilities! I actually was thinking of starting an off-topic thread and was afraid (since I am still a newbie here, don't really know protocal quite yet-I don't want to make a fool of myself -easy to do). I thought about sending you a message to do it for me! So keep them coming - you're great!
Let me know when you start that new thread so I can go make fun of you.:-p Just kidding.:LOL:

Newbie or not, everyone has the same right to start threads no matter what the subject is. The only problem we ever had is with Middie. She went on a posting spree one day and almost melted our server.:LOL:

Well said Michelemarie. :cool:

Michelemarie said:
Michelemarie,
did you have a topic you wanted to start? Come on and post it..This is your forum just as it is ours..Can you imagine, how boring it would be if all we could do is read a recipe..No exchange of ideas, no how about if we or hey great recipe thanks for sharing, and what if there were no games where we could laugh and enjoy...Post Michelemarie, I did at first and still do..You know what? we will be right there to join in with you.

kadesma:)

I think it's great how many threads you've started kimbaby. I also think it's great that you started a thread about having too many threads! lol! You really just have to jump right in, otherwise no one will no you're here. Keep 'em coming, this is a supportive forum!

Ishbel said:
BUT, to start a new thread requesting people's 'favourite..... (fill in item, dish, variety, fruit etc) without posting recipes does appear odd to me too! :cool:

I'm not trying to hurt your feelings, Kimbaby - just stating that I agree with Haggis - but then, hey, we're both Scottish.... known for our wry sense of humour.

You shouldn't be worried, though cos, judging by this thread, you're making a great impression here and everyone seems to love you. :)
\\

:) but I have posted recipes...

MicheleMarie, newbie or not(cause I am tooo) I would love to see your posts!!!

MJ said:
Let me know when you start that new thread so I can go make fun of you.:-p Just kidding.:LOL:

Newbie or not, everyone has the same right to start threads no matter what the subject is. The only problem we ever had is with Middie. She went on a posting spree one day and almost melted our server.:LOL:

Well said Michelemarie. :cool:

:huh: :ROFLMAO: :LOL: :ROFLMAO:

Thanks, MJ. My tummy hurts from laughing.

P.S. I think Maidrite melted (Karma-lized) the server. Barbara, don't holler at me. You know we all love you both. :)

Ishbel said:
...I'm not trying to hurt your feelings...I agree with Haggis - but then, hey, we're both Scottish.... known for our wry sense of humour.

Hey, Ish, I'm a native New Yawka with a dry sense of humor. Meet me in the Majorcan Mushroom Tapas bar & let's have a few drinks and straighten this out. Bring your Monolo's and I'll bring my Choos :LOL: Oh, yeah, Haggis can hold our credit cards.:-p

Last edited:
MJ said:
Hey, "thread machine" would make a good signature!:mrgreen:

Don't worry Kimbaby - post away. I enjoy your threads. I can't imagine you upsetting anyone!:)

I agree... keep posting! There aren't enough new posts made, I think.

mish said:
Hey, Ish, I'm a native New Yawka with a dry sense of humor. Meet me in the Majorcan Mushroom Tapas bar & let's have a few drinks and straighten this out. Bring your Monolo's and I'll bring my Choos :LOL: Oh, yeah, Haggis can hold our credit cards.:-p

You're ON!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom