Two days till the Daytona 500

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Rusty wallace is now in the booth(not in the car) so I really don't care who wins,his son tried to qualify but ended up in a wreck,my son says Jeff Gordon is the car to beat... *but I must say that Steven is doing good he won 2 Arca races,and qualified 4th for the Bush race on sat. gentlemen start your engines whooohooo:)

Last edited:
Is the TIDE car still racing? It used to be my favorite when I was forced to watch the races. Sorry... I just can't get into watching them on tv. I like them if I'm there though.

poop. lol.. there goes my only reason for watching. Guess I'll have to play on DC instead.

Yeah, most of the sponsors stick around for the long haul.

As for the #24 being the car to beat, that's based solely on his track record of being the dominant car at Daytona. They've found a set up that works quite well there, and everyone else is still searching for that set up. He was 2nd fastest, if I recall, in practice or warm up or whatever it was.

The few other cars mentioned are sure to be ones to watch as well. The #99 especially, if the team can carry the fire hot momentum they had at the end of last year. Don't rule out the #20 either, or the #8. DEI has all but mastered restrictor plate racing tracks. Remeber to when Dale Sr. wrecked and passed on (may he rest in peace, and not forgotten), it was the #8 and #15 (both DEI cars) were running one two (don't recall the order specifically) with Sr. running third.

I think all of the big names are cars to watch, as anything is possible in racing. One big wreck could take out all the big names, and someone like Kenny Wallace or Ken Schrader could win!

:) I really do not care who wins... I would like to see some one who has never won their take the checkered flag... and glad the tide ride is still on the track... maybe it will clean up:LOL:

Did any of you watch the IROC race? What a wild ride Steve Kinser had.

World of Outlaws driver Steve Kinser suffered the worst in the four-car accident, when contact with Kimmel and sent Kinser into Tony Stewart’s car, forcing Kinser’s car sideways and upside down. Kinser suffered minor injuries, was evaluated and released from DIS’s infield care center. Reigning NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series champion Ted Musgrave and IRL IndyCar Series driver Scott Sharp were also involved in the wreck, which promptly ended their night.

Kim, Burney Lamar from Sacramento, CA was second in the Busch race.:cool: Go, Burney!! I just have to root for a hometown guy.

Back
Top Bottom