Spinach, Prosciutto & Pine Nuts Turkey Roulades

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mish

Washing Up
This recipe is not T & T, but it's rare that I come across a slow cooker recipe that is a little different... and it appeals to me. I would think chicken cutlets could replace the turkey.

Spinach, Prosciutto & Pine Nuts Turkey Roulades
Makes 6-12 servings

2 lbs. turkey cutlets (about 12, 4" in diameter, 1/4" thick)
1 pkg. (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well-drained
2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
1/4 cup fine dry bread crumbs
3 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
3 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
2 teaspoons dried sage leaves, crushed, divided
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper, divided
6 thin slices or rounds prosciutto or other ham
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon paprika
1/4 cup dry vermouth or white wine
3/4 cup chicken bouillon or broth
1 tablespoon flour
2 tablespoons water
Hot cooked rice

Place the cutlets onto a sheet of plastic wrap, cover with plastic wrap and very lightly pound them to a thickness of 1/8 inch; set aside.

Squeeze the spinach in a clean dish towel to remove most of the moisture.

In a large bowl, combine the spinach, parsley, bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, pine nuts, 1 teaspoon sage and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper; mix well. Place a slice of prosciutto on each turkey cutlet. Spoon about 1/4 cup of the spinach mixture on top of the prosciutto. Starting at the short end, roll the cutlet, encasing the filling. Repeat with the remaining cutlets.

Place roulades seam side down in a slow cooker (you probably will have to layer them) and sprinkle each layer using the salt, the remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper and the paprika. Pour vermouth and bouillon around the turkey rolls. Cover and cook on low 4-6 hours or until the turkey is tender.

Gently remove roulades from the slow cooker and keep them warm.

To make a sauce from the juices in the slow cooker: Turn the heat to high and add the remaining 1 teaspoon sage to the cooker. In a small bowl, dissolve the flour in the water and add to the slow cooker. (If desired, puree the juice mixture in a blender or food processor before thickening it.)

Cook, stirring, on high setting for 10-15 minutes or until thickened. (This also can be done on the stove top in a saucepan.) Cut each turkey roll into slices about 1/2" thick and serve over or with the hot cooked rice, topped with the sauce.

middie said:
oh wow does this sound sooooooo good !!!
mish thank you for posting this !

Thank you, Middie :chef: If this one turns out really well, think it would make a nice and easy company dish. Hope folks will give it a try.

If you guys try it before I do, let me know whatcha think.

This sounds delicious Mish... I would like to try it with our pressure cooker though, it can do wonders to recipes like this... I will let you know how it turns out when I get to try it:)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom