html question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The Z

Head Chef
I'm trying to embed a console with a .wav sound onto another message forum (html is definitely enabled).

I can get the console to appear in my message but the sound will not play. Could it be possible that it is blocked (protected) at its source?

I remember successfully doing this before, but now I'm stumped. Anyway, here's the code I used:

<embed src="the http url.wav" width="145" height="60" autoplay="true"></embed>

The Z said:
I'm trying to embed a console with a .wav sound onto another message forum (html is definitely enabled).

I can get the console to appear in my message but the sound will not play. Could it be possible that it is blocked (protected) at its source?

I remember successfully doing this before, but now I'm stumped. Anyway, here's the code I used:

<embed src="the http url.wav" width="145" height="60" autoplay="true"></embed>
How about trying <autostart="true"> and <loop="true"> in the code?

I can't see where your doing anything wrong with the coding that would prevent it from playing. Most likely they don't have the MIME types set up on the server for sound files.

When posting a wav file to a message board

1. you NEVER want to use Autoplay unless you warn them in the subject line beforehand, otherwise people with slower connections could be trapped.

2. You never want to hide the control panel (whether you use autoplay or not) so anyone irritated by your wave file or if your wave file is slowing down their computer can shut it off.

3. NEVER use the Loop property unless it's set to FALSE. If I ran unsuspectingly into a wave file that I couldnt turn off and looped endlessly I'd kill you. :mrgreen: Well, first I'd turn my speakers down, THEN I'd kill you. :mrgreen:

~ Raven ~

I have to agree with Raven... I'm on dialup and websites that have .wav files embedded and on autoplay and without a control are terrible for me. My computer inevitably freezes or all my IE windows freak out and crash... its just not a good thing.

Back
Top Bottom