Sara Moulton no longer on FoodTV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GB

Chief Eating Officer
I am not the biggest fan of hers, but I would wwatch her occasionally. It looks like her contract is not being renewed. She will be moving to PBS in Boston which is a better fot for her IMO. Read some more info here.

WOW! She mentions that this will be Mario Batali's last year too! That's too bad.

John

Andy M. said:
Sad.

Fewer and fewer reasons to watch FoodTV every day.

Exactly. It gets harder to learn anything from their shows.

Now if my pbs would only start showing more cooking shows--they hardly run any!

But you can see how they make Atomic Fireballs! And watch people make huge gingerbread houses! And find out what celebrities eat! And learn how to cook with seasoning packets!

:cry: :cry: :cry:

ha!!! come over to pbs. forget foodtv, they forgot about serious cooks a long time ago.

you'd think that there's a tv/cable/sattelite market opening up for good cooking shows, not fluff shows about food. i think the oppurtunity is ripe for developing a competing cooking network channel. the advert dollars are certainly there, and the entire market is growing.

Food Network has changed, and I agree it's not for the better, although they do still have some good shows. I have never watched Sara much, because she's on here during my naptime. :sleep:

GB said:
DiscussCookingTV anyone?

i'm whichya gb!!!! i can certainly do the engineering/tv technical part, now all we need is a philanthropist.

(wait, is that right? i mean a rich guy that does good stuff, not a cheating spouse, lol. ok, we need a silent investor). :chef:

buckytom said:
i'm whichya gb!!!! i can certainly do the engineering/tv technical part, now all we need is a philanthropist.

(wait, is that right? i mean a rich guy that does good stuff, not a cheating spouse, lol. ok, we need a silent investor). :chef:

Yeah, philanthropist. Not philanderer. Although they both may give someone something :ROFLMAO: , you want the former, not the latter.

John :angel:

who remembers: Calling all Cooks?? (I got some great ethnic recipes from that show) or Melting Pot (ditto) Donna Doher's Cook Works, just aboot my fave Canadian cooking show, eh! Ultimate Kitchens, still enjoy Molto Mario, Giada in the kitchen but not on the road. I even learn a lot from Tyler's Ultimate and Food 911. I will miss Sara. Hope PBS is getting a good line up.

anyone ever watch Michael Lomonaco on Epicurious? (Part of Travel Channel)

that show got me started (to blame for?) me going on the internet to check out foodie chat a few years ago. after i was run out of epi, i landed here.

i like michael lamonoco by himself, but he doesn't always ask the guest chefs enough questions about what they're doing, so they tend to skip a lot of little and often important steps.

I've been so unhappy with the programming on FT in the last couple of years. There used to be a time when all I watched were the cooking shows. I've learned a lot from them, now if I can only get PBS to start airing some of the cooking shows at night. :ermm: That's pretty much the only time I'm not at work. Hopefully sooon...

What a shame..I enjoy Sara. I heard her say during an interview that this was her last year as food ntework wanted to do a different direction..Welll, let's hope they don't get lost..I love to watch and learn about preparing foods, not how to make gigantic sugar sculptures, or wedding cakes, or remodel kitchens, cook people cook...Hope PBS puts the cooking shows back on...At least we have each other here guys:) and that's a lot better than what foodnetwork is serving:LOL:

kadesma

will the super colossal burger put me over budget? will I ever get dinner in this town?? chaching ... money money money ...

yeh I've had enough of that

does this also mean that we will need to find a new iron chef italian???

licia said:
Why didn't they take at least one or two of RR's shows off?

Bread and butter baby .... that's what she is to the foodnetwork. Don't get me wrong, I like her and the recipes she offers and have even enjoyed her new magazine, but 4 to 6 times a day? Even to much for me.

Back
Top Bottom