Dinner on last day of February?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LEFSElover

Executive Chef
good morning to you all.
I won't be having dinner today cause there will be no time. Back to work now and will be in Vegas by 11 pm so it'll have to be "What's for breakfast tomorrow 3/1" for me.

What's anyone cooking for dinner tonight? I can still salivate over everyone else's meals and I'll eat vicariously through you all:ROFLMAO:

We had friends over for dinner this past weekend, but dinner plans got a little screwed up because we ended up haveing a very late lunch. Because of that 9pm rolled around and we stillwere not very hungry. I made dinner anyway, but skipped the salad (which was just bagged ceasar salad). So now I have three bags of ceasar salad in the fridge that needs to be used up. I pulled some chicken breasts out of the freezer and will cook those up and slice then for chicken ceasar tonight.

if the veal shoulder chops that i defrosted on sunday are still good, i'm going to seperate the sections of meat, pound them into scallopini, and make veal piccata. i'd really hate to have to chuck them.
if not, there's chicken breasts and legs, ground buffalo, ground turkey, and 2 pork tenderlions that all have to be made very soon. i'm thinking of firing up the grill and knocking off the chicken and tenderloins. i'm thinking bbq sauce for the chicken, but i want/need to find a good balsamic marinade for the pork.

Well, you don't gain weight eating vicariously, can you? I'm taking the 10 lb challenge from now til Easter so I hope I can stick with it. I'm trying to find my South Beach diet book to get some help, so I suppose we will be having something lean and green.

Will be having a pork roast, studded with garlic and rosemary, roasted potatoes, carrots, celery,turnips..Some large globe artichokes,hot biscuits, a warm red cabbage salad with goat cheese and bacon and an apple tart with polenta crust.

kadesma:)

Have no idea and nothing's out thawing yet. I know there's tilapia and shrimp in the freezer so I'll whip up a quick and simple seafood dish tonight. Back to washing dishes and folding clothes...argh!

Not in the mood for slaving in the kitchen tonight.......maybe a good French baguette, brie, some prociutto and a few wines

?? It's grocery store day. I'll decide when I get there.

I have to make a real dinner tonight. I haven't really cooked in awhile. Paul's starting to grumble. lol

Shrove Tuesday today so its potato pancakes in our house. Except for Ken who gets white rice and lots of it for being mean to me this morning. (I haven't forgotten Ken!)

Well, tomorrow is the start of 40 days without beer for Ronjohn, so I'll be having beer for sure at the homebrew club meeting tonight, but I have no idea what to have with the beer...

John

Rachael Ray's Cacciatore Burgers with perogies- odd couple but that's what I'm making!!!:)I have a client coming at 5 and probably won't be starting dinner until about 6. Hope you all enjoy your dinners!!!Love and energy, Vicki

We decided on Beef Burgundy.
I've never made it before so it'll be an experiment. Here's the recipe I'll use. Any advice or anything you'd do differently?

5 - 6 pieces of bacon diced and cooked in large oven proof pot.
Once bacon is mostly cooked (do not drain) add 1.5 pounds stew meat and brown on all sides. Salt and pepper to taste.
Add One Large Union chopped & Mushrooms (halved) to taste. Cook 5 min or until onion is tender.
Add in 3 table spoon tomato paste, 3 table spoons flour and two packed table spoons brown sugar. cook 2-3 min.
Add 2 cups red wine, 3 cups beef broth, 1 sprig rosemary, 2 bay leafs.
Place in 350 deg oven for 1.5 hours covered.
Uncover - Add 20 - 30 baby carrots & 20 - 30 pearl onions. Cook for 30min or until carrots are tender.
Add salt and pepper to taste.

hmmm, pdswife, whaddya have against unions? ol' ronald reagen woulda loved you. (j/k, i know you meant onions.)

i would remove the bacon after it has rendered, setting it aside on a paper towel. put it back into the pot when you add the wine. also, i would season the meat cubes with s&p, then flour them before browning in the bacon fat.
i would also add a few tbsps. of butter when browning the meat.

Will do Bucky! Thanks!! I'm hungry already.

LOL at Unions... I just copied and pasted from a recipe that a friend sent...
Guess he spalls and tipes as well as I do.

ronjohn55 said:
Well, tomorrow is the start of 40 days without beer for Ronjohn, so I'll be having beer for sure at the homebrew club meeting tonight, but I have no idea what to have with the beer...

John

Have more beer. John. You are a good Catholic boy. And there's always Confession..........

I have no earthly idea what's for dinner.

Hey Bucky, if you haven't found a balsamic marinade for your pork yet, try mixing some balsamic vinegar with some thawed orange juice concentrate. I can't think of the ratios right now. It's something we used to do way-back-when at the first country club I worked at.

Back
Top Bottom