Have you seen Brokeback Mountain?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

texasgirl

Master Chef
My sister, niece and I are having a girls day Saturday. We'll go eat lunch and then go see the movie. I'm so excited. I never get to get out. My sister and niece had their mouths wide open when I told them I could go:LOL:
Anyway, has anyone seen it yet? We want to see what all the hype is about. We already know the base of the story,so, that isn't going to bother us.
Does it deserve the Oscar that it will surely be nominated for? Or is it just another hyped up movie not worth it?

I have seen it. It is sensitively portrayed, beautifully filmed, realistically acted, etc etc. It's good.

Robo, thanks! I figured it would be good. I love Jake Gyllenhaal.

pds, thanks girl. I think I deserve it too!! I can't wait!!!

hey TX, i totally loved it. there's lots of movies that get all hyped up because the ISSUES are all important...so if you don't like the movie, you must be a real jerk. the movie could be crap, but nobody could say bad things about it because hey!! these are Important Issues!

fortunately, this is not that movie, it's actually worth all the hype. gorgeous cinematography, great acting, solid storyline. even more amazing if you go read the story laters...just go find a b&n somewhere and have a seat for 15 minutes, it's a v.brief little magazine-story...just amazing that they turned that brief sketch into this fully realized tale.

have fun and let us know what you thought!

BUCKY!!
I groaned when I saw you as the last poster! I just KNEW I didn't want to see what you put. My sick curiosity won out though!! LOL

I really liked the movie. It is not for the phobic's, that's for sure!
I didn't like the end!! If you can get past the first encounter, the rest is easy.

I've seen it!

I went out with one of my girl friends to lunch and then to see the movie I thought it was a great movie. It's a good story, with great acting, beautiful scenery, and a long lasting freindship. I loved it.:)

I havent seen it yet, but I want to. I've seen trailers and it looks good to me.

hear that y'all.......ALBERTA..........oooo ooops...sorry....lol....I wanna see this and y'all made me wana see it more.....

texasgirl said:
I didn't like the end!! If you can get past the first encounter, the rest is easy.

is that a direct quote from the movie??? :)

hey, this isn't the "famous movie lines" thread ya know!!!

Back
Top Bottom