Mia...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kimbaby

Executive Chef
I decided I wont be around for a while,I really love it here and have met some very nice people,but I feel as though I have ruffled some feathers on the other hand, and NOT directly but indirectly I have annoyed alot of people. So with that I am gonna sign off now... everyone is really nice and wonderful cooks so it seems,but I apparently don't fit in... :)
thanks for making me feel so welcomed, your friend,Kim :)

oh, gimme a break kim. get the f**k back in here and sit your butt down. you fit in as well as anyone else, ruffled feathers or not.
we are a passionate group of people by nature, our love for food only being one of them.
sometimes we get a little contentious, but time heals all wounds. stick in here, and you'll see.
if it would make you feel better to try to conform (which is something deeply against my nature, but i've learned), before you post a new thread, just do a search and add your input to the old thread, thus dredging up old info which is always interesting, and adding your piece, making the whole better.

I have never had the slightest issue with you or anyone else here. Please don't leave.

Differences make our culture (and this forum) richer. Ruffle feathers if you want. Your opinion is valued.

buckytom said:
oh, gimme a break kim. get the f**k back in here and sit your butt down. you fit in as well as anyone else, ruffled feathers or not.
we are a passionate group of people by nature, our love for food only being one of them.
sometimes we get a little contentious, but time heals all wounds. stick in here, and you'll see.
if it would make you feel better to try to conform (which is something deeply against my nature, but i've learned), before you post a new thread, just do a search and add your input to the old thread, thus dredging up old info which is always interesting, and adding your piece, making the whole better.

I love it here and trust me I don't want to leave... but I am confused, first I get the green light to post as I have been then it seems I am nit picked to death over stuff I do post about... any ways I just want to have a good time.
not cause conflict or be the reason for conflict,kwim... I guess I just got my feelings hurt time to be a BIG GIRL i guess... ok drama over...

Oh Kim, c'mon, noone means to hurt you. Honest. Get back and lets all keep DC up and going. I enjoy your threads like I am sure a lot of us in DC do. If you need time out that's fine, but we will miss you.

Kim, if I got a dime for everytime I ruffled someone's feathers here or vise versa........I'd be in Vegas today. I have learned to take everything with a grain of salt because the bottom line is this is a great place to belong to and the people here are bar none, the best . Stay awhile, give us chance...........Linda

I have had my share and given also.
Just think, if we all worked together, you wouldn't be able to avoid the person that has hurt you. Here, you can!!:mrgreen:
We're all basically nice and easy going people that love to joke around. Sometimes, we have bad days in real life and it reflects here and don't realize it. Hope you don't leave, we're to fun to play with, for you to leave and you know it!!!:LOL:

okay... through with temper tatrum, I have been given some good advice,sorry for being a whinney... sorry for acting 2...

This is a message board. It's supposed to be for getting new ideas, having fun, good conversation and to
"meet" new people. You don't need anyones permission or approval to post. You have every right to post just as others do as well.

It is up to you whether or not you want to leave, but personally, I think you should take any negativity that you experience on the internet with a grain on salt and focus on the positive. There are loads of great people at this website that like all the different personalities here - if everyone was the same it would be boring!

Happy to hear you are staying.

img_237600_0_43d917949c7f8c5ca6c2693e75737ee3.gif

ya see, you got passionate about something, got upset, got support from the members, and now you're back. you fit right in.

many of us have been through that, myself included. except there was much more crying and whimpering. but then mj stopped, and i came back. (j/k mj, please don't ban me... :) )

If we all agreed all the time, there would be no need to "discuss cooking", would there? We'd all let BT do our thinking.:rolleyes: I'm glad we have so many different ideas, even if I don't use them all. I'm at a point where I try more simple things than time consuming ones, but it is nice to see what some of the more erudite in cuisine do with their time and food baskets.

buckytom said:
ya see, you got passionate about something, got upset, got support from the members, and now you're back. you fit right in.

many of us have been through that, myself included. except there was much more crying and whimpering. but then mj stopped, and i came back. (j/k mj, please don't ban me... :) )

Must spread more reputation before giving to bucktom again!!

Your one of the ones that makes this place so fun!! Don't ever leave, bucky!!

I am glad to see everyone offering advice and support. Thanks you all for being such a good bunch. This is a wonderful place and we all need to be aware of the feelings around us to keep it that way. Good for you kimbaby that you realized that someone was upset and then you did something about it.

Can I suggest to all of you that if you notice you may have upset/irritated/annoyed someone that you send them a PM requesting clarification, and then be open to the reply you get? And those replying to said PM, please remember your manners and explain without rudeness why you were upset. If the PM thing isn't working please come to an Admin, we would be more than happy to help mediate a dispute of any type.

I love to see our members supporting one another, but it only takes one comment for a thread to go downhill rapidly. If we can keep personal matters in the PMs it would keep the boards free of that sort of issue.

kimbaby said:
okay... through with temper tatrum, I have been given some good advice,sorry for being a whinney... sorry for acting 2...

All I know is that my feathers just get so ruffled when people do this.... Now get a grip and take your meds and get back into the fight.

(heh heh)

Kim,
don't even think about it:) You've been fun and your posts got me thinking and remembering things about foods I love or hate...It's nice not to have to wrack my poor tired brain, with you giving me a nudge here and there things are fun:LOL: As the rest have said, you not only fit, you are now family, and we don't let family go away..So prepare to post girl:LOL: All kidding aside, it would make many of us very sad to not see your smiling face.

kadesma:)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom