Homemade Croutons

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Debbie

Senior Cook
hmm guess this as good as place as any to put this...

Do you ever have leftover hamburger or hotdog buns.. and just hate to throw them away? Well, if you do make home made croutons .. its soo simple

heres what I did:
1/2 c. olive oil
2 lg. garlic cloves, minced ( could use garlic powder instead)
1/3 c. grated Parmesan cheese
1 tbsp.dry parsley

Mix together. Using pastry brush, brush both sides of bread with oil mixture. Cut into small squares. Place single layers on cookie sheets. Bake at 300 degrees until golden the way you like them.. store in sealed container.

I do something like this too Debbie.... sometimes I add onion powder and or other spices as well.

I like to mix all the extra pieces of bread of every kind and have a rich variety of croutons. Also, some I break into pieces, some I cut.

We do ours in the oven too, Debbie. I make croutons if we need them, but a lot of the time I tear up the stale bread and give it to the squirrels and birds.

pdswife said:
I do something like this too Debbie.... sometimes I add onion powder and or other spices as well.
So do....I love making homemade croutons, in fact I can't even recall the last time that I bought a box :LOL:

Nice idea Debbie,
I usually take day old bread and buns and let them dry a little, then I make them into bread crumbs and store in the freezer..I have one package of seasoned crumbs and one plain..Will have to try your idea on some 2 day old sub rolls I have...:LOL: Thanks

kadesma

My all-time favorite crouton is pumpernickel. The only problem is I eat too many of them so don't have them often.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom