ISO your favorite mexican recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

abjcooking

Head Chef
I am going to a friends bridal shower next month and with the invitation I received a recipe card in which we are suppose to put our favorite recipe onto. I know that the couples favorite food is mexican and my recipes are limited in this area. I would love to hear your favorite recipes (something that you like to cook that gets great reviews), keeping in mind she is not a very experienced cook, but has done really well with some of then recipes I've given her in the past.

Could say that I fortunately grew up with all the Mexican food. My family and friends are always raving about my enchiladas. They are delicious. I'd be glad to share the recipe with you. And it's a meal that incorporates all food groups and can be made and taken to the party in one baking dish.

I don't know how Mexican this is but I like it very much!

Buffalo Chicken Enchiladas

1 Can Campbell's Chicken Verde soup
OR
1 Can cream of chicken soup & 1 4 oz can green chilis
1 Cup sour cream Ranch dip
3 cups cooked chicken, chopped or shredded
1/2 Cup butter
1/2 Cup Red Hot sauce
1/4 Teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 Teaspoon black pepper
12 6-inch flour tortillas
3 cups Mexican Blend shredded cheese (or cheddar)

Instructions: Heat oven to 350º. Spray 13 X 9-inch glass baking dish with cooking spray.

In small saucepan, melt butter. Stir in hot sauce, garlic powder & pepper.

Combine chicken with hot sauce mixture until chicken is coated.

In medium bowl, combine soup & Ranch dip. Spread a thin layer on the bottom of baking dish.

Warm tortillas so they are pliable. Spoon 2 TBSP soup mixture down center of each tortilla. Top with about 1/4 cup chicken mixture & about 2 TBSP shredded cheese. Fold one side over tortilla & roll up. Place in baking dish, seam side down.

Spread remaining soup mixture over filled tortillas. Cover tightly with foil.

Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until hot.

Remove from oven. Uncover, sprinkle with 1/2 cup cheese. Return to over & bake uncovered about 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.

Here's another one - very easy & quite tasty!

* Exported from TheRecipeManager *

Enchilada Pie

1 5-oz pkg yellow rice mix
1 Pound ground beef
1 Small onion, chopped
1 1.25 oz pkg taco seasoning
1 10-oz can enchilada sauce
1 Cup Salsa
3 6 - 8 inch flour tortillas
2 cups Colby Jack cheese, shredded (8 oz)
sour cream

Instructions: Preheat oven to 350º. Lightly grease 2-qt. casserole dish. Set aside.

Cook rice according to package. Set aside.

In large skillet, cook beef, onion & taco seasoning over medium heat until beef is browned & onion is tender. Drain excess grease. Sit in enchilada sauce & salsa.

Place 1 tortilla in prepared baking dish. Add 1/3 of beef mixture, 1/3 of cooked rice, & 1/3 of cheese. Repeat layers twice.

Bake for 30 minutes. Serve with sour cream.

Dina,
I would love the recipe. Thanks!

corinne,
both of those sound really good. The buffalo chicken recipe I will have save and fix when football season comes up. Thank you

This recipe is really simple and easy. It is one of my favorites.

Chile Verde

10 green tomatillos
2 tablespoons diced jalapenos
1 small chopped onion
3 tablespoons minced garlic
Salt and pepper
2 lbs. lean pork
3 tablespoons oil

Place all ingredients except pork in a food processor and puree. In a small pot, brown cubed pork with oil. Make sure to brown all sides evenly. Remove all excess oil from meat. Stir in pureed ingredients and let simmer for 20 to 25 minutes. Serve with tortillas and cheese.

abjcooking said:
Dina,
I would love the recipe. Thanks!

corinne,
both of those sound really good. The buffalo chicken recipe I will have save and fix when football season comes up. Thank you

On it's way through PM.

Back
Top Bottom