Kartoffelplätzchen

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cara

Master Chef
potatoe cookies

4 potatoes
2 T cubed bacon
3 eggyolks
cornstarch
1 T chopped parsley
1 T chopped chives
salt
nutmeg

cook potatoes in salt water, drain and put into hot oven for about 5-10min to dry them out.
squeeze through a press into a bowl.
add the cubed bacon, eggyolks, cornstarch, parsley and chives and mix well.
Season with Salt and nutmeg.

put the dough an a floured board and form a roll of a radius of a bit less than an inch.
cut into small slices (ca. 1/2 inch) and frye in butter oil.

Last edited:
Hi, Cara,

May I ask if you mean cooked bacon or raw bacon?

And how much cornstarch (cornflour)?

avoca, that is raw bacon in the recipe.. but it may taste with cooked, too... and about 2-3 T starch.. it depends on the consistence of the mass..

This sounds ganz lecker, Cara!! I suppose potatos are better cooked whole with the skin on, like when we prepare gnocchi?
I would like to try it with some speck!!

hm.. recipes doesn't say so... but I already did from in the skin potatoes and it tastes as good ;o)

Cara,
this looks great and I want to try it..Is there a specific type potato you use? How is this served, alone or with something like a soup or salad? I want to make sure I do your recipe just right. Would appreciate any and all advie you can give.

Thanks Cara

kadesma:)

kadesma, best is mealy cooking potatoes.. I don't know if you have the same sorts as we have in Germany (Bintje, Margerita, Aula...)...
kartoffelplaetzchen are used as a side order mostly with roasted whatever, wildgame and veal or as a main dish with salad

for a variation you can add chopped nuts, more fresh herbs or grated cheese..

cara said:
kadesma, best is mealy cooking potatoes.. I don't know if you have the same sorts as we have in Germany (Bintje, Margerita, Aula...)...
kartoffelplaetzchen are used as a side order mostly with roasted whatever, wildgame and veal or as a main dish with salad

for a variation you can add chopped nuts, more fresh herbs or grated cheese..
Cara, i'm sure our russet potatoes will work just fine. We are having roasted chicken tomorrow so this will make a perfect side and a nice baby greens salad and somestuffed roma tomatoes will make the meal. Thank you Cara, I can hardly wait for dinner:)

kadesma

cara said:
did it work, kadesma?
Hi Cara,
I'm sorry I forgot to write you soner. Yes it worked and everyone hardly touched the chicken:LOL: Your recipe will be one we will use over and over. Than you so much. They were delicious.

kadesma

Back
Top Bottom