Your favorite recipe to fix on the grill?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SizzlininIN

Master Chef
Ok.....whats your favorite? Mines Barefoot Contessa's Tequilla Lime Chicken. But I finish it off by adding shredded mexican blend cheese, crumbled bacon and green scallions.....and letting the cheese melt around the toppings. Awesome with grilled corn on the cob and a spring blend salad. And don't forget the frozen margaritas.

Hmmmmmmmmm, that sounds good.

I'm a charcoal fan, and just like my steaks grilled/smoked on a charcoal grill. I've a few recipes for grilled veggies, and plan to try them, but there just t'aint nothing like a good charcoal grilled piece of meat! :chef:

Dang it, Sizzle, now you got me wanting to go buy another charcoal grill, since my last one rusted out (cheap brand)!

Sorry Dog....but think of all the electricity or gas you'll be saving. You'll be doing your part to help conserve energy....:) How about sharing some of those grilled veggie recipes

Favorite recipe on the grill? It's really simple..

Ingredients:
1 nice steak per person
That is all....

John

most *frequent* = veggies on the grill.

most *favorite* all depends on when i can find it = cabrito. never fails to amaze me how resistant people are to baby goat (same kind of thing as little cows or sheepies, people), but then most of them are fine once they taste it. yummy!

pulled pork shoulder and dry memphis style ribs on the smoker for hours and hours! mmmmm

fireweaver said:
most *frequent* = veggies on the grill.

most *favorite* all depends on when i can find it = cabrito. never fails to amaze me how resistant people are to baby goat (same kind of thing as little cows or sheepies people), but then most of them are fine once they taste it. yummy!

I don't know about the rest of the members but I don't eat people (see above) :LOL: and I'm not eating any baby goat either.

aww, c'mon, sizz, there's a comma there before people! don't think i'd want to eat people either...you *know* what most people have been eating, eww!

fireweaver said:
aww, c'mon, sizz, there's a comma there before people! don't think i'd want to eat people either...you *know* what most people have been eating, eww!

:ROFLMAO: I couldn't resist fire!

I don't think I want people either.

I have had goat though. My SIL's uncle smoked one in the ground with rabbit, dear and squirrel. I don't remember what it tasted like though.

goat is mighty fine! Grilled: um, three faves: #1 a cajun dry rubbed whole chicken indirectly grilled smoked with mesquite smoke. #2 A butterflied leg of lamb, marinated in evoo, garlic onions rosemary and lemmon overnight, grilled medium rare, served with raita or tzadtiki, hummus, harissa, etc and couscous with roasted/grilled veggies. #3 so simple ... beer braised brats, grilled with onions on a toasted roll with seedy mustard and a cold micro brew dark! (with some spud salad on the side and a sliced up Beefsteak Tomato. )

The only time I had goat, I enjoyed it immensely. It tasted and felt much like venison.

As to what my favorite thing to cook on the grill is, well, if it's just my tastes that I'm talking about, it has to be either a good bone-in rib-eye steak, corn fed of course and at least USDA Choice quality, cooked over a solid bed of charcoal for 4 minutes per side, with just S & P.

Otherwise, it depends on who I'm trying to impress. I get equally good reviews with a pork crown-roast, and barbecued turkey. I love them both.

I haven't mastered ribs yet as my wife isn't crazy about them.

Other favorites are cut up chicken pieces over a solid charcoal bed, Cornish game hens over a divided charcoal bed, pork chops over a solid bed, planked walleye or herring, or pollok, or..., baked beans cooked over a solid bed with apple wood on the fire and the cover closed and the vents half closed (the smoke does wonderful things to baked beans:chef: ).

And then there are the grilled veggies. Wow, this is hard. I love so many things; shish kabobs, fruits, veggies, all kinds of meats, even breads.

Another favorite is a great grilled hamburger. When done properly, it's very juicy and has a great beef flavor. In fact, when done just right, it's similar in flavor to a good steak, only well-done.

And if you've never cooked a pizza on the covered kettle grill, then you just don't know what you are missing.

Interestingly, I don't care so much for hot-dogs cooked on the grill as they are usually overcooked. But give me a skewer and let me roast hot-dogs in the campfire, or over charcoal, and I'm a happy camper.

Now good sausage, with the skin on is a wonderful thing.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

I like a good steak, grilled medium, with Montreal Steak Seasoning.

Hamburgers and hot dogs are a family favorite. I like to do chicken legs every now and then (the kids go nuts for them).

I also like to smoke a pork butt or two, then pull it apart for Pulled Pork Sandwiches. I'm thinking about doing a brisket sometime this year, just to try it.

Something that I really like, but haven't done in years, is grilled tuna steak, cooked medium. VERY tasty and very juicy.

I'd like to experiment with pizza. Of course, PeppA has worked in various pizzerias for most of her life, and is very particular about how her pizza is cooked.

This isn't a recipe but the only thing that could have made it better would be to have it cooked on the grill. I roasted red potatoes, carrots, zuchinni, sweet onions, peppers and asparagus for dinner last night. Since our gs was going to visit his dad for spring break, we all ate together. I bought the chilcken already fried, roasted the veggies, made a platter of sliced tomatoes and cucumbers. I also made a chocolate cake. It was all delicious and we could all be together with minimal labor.

Yummy guys and gals! I can't wait for the warm weather to stick around. Kinda stinks when you have to freeze your tush off just to grill.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom