Quiche and Salad weekend

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

texasgirl

Master Chef
Are we doing this? I think Luvs came up with it for this weekend.
I found a mother load of recipes on this site. They are from Bed and Breakfast's in different states.

http://www.virtualcities.com/ons/0rec/04quiche.htm

I'm not sure on the salad though. What kind of salad would you do with a quiche?

Oh man, I cannot decide on the quiche. There are too many. I would have to make more than one though, cause, I want red bell in mine and dh doesn't like bell's. I may do this on Sunday so that I can bring leftovers to work.

Last edited:
Neat site Texas.

We have a monster busy weekend planned. I'm not
sure If I'll have time to cook anything besides soup from a can and maybe sandwiches.

texasgirl said:
Are we doing this? I think Luvs came up with it for this weekend.
I found a mother load of recipes on this site. They are from Bed and Breakfast's in different states.

http://www.virtualcities.com/ons/0rec/04quiche.htm

I'm not sure on the salad though. What kind of salad would you do with a quiche?

Oh man, I cannot decide on the quiche. There are too many. I would have to make more than one though, cause, I want red bell in mine and dh doesn't like bell's. I may do this on Sunday so that I can bring leftovers to work.
Texas, I'd go with a simple Quiche Lorraine for one and then, I'd make one with sauteed, red bells, asparagus,some tiny cubed ham, onion. If you don't want asparagus, some sauteed zucchini, or even some diced potato would be nice. As for salad, either one of the quiches would be nice paired with baby mixed lettuces, I'd use just evoo and some seasoned rice vinegar..You could also do a fruit salad with bananas,apples, melons, berries and then just give them a small spritz of lime and honey..Another quiche I myself love is just the eggs sauteed artichokes, the frozen kind not marinated,leeks, proscuitto,grated provolone and grated mozzerella.
I don't worry about what is right, I just mix things I know er enjoy..

kadesma:)

I like making quiches. I'd serve either a fruit salad with the quiche or a mixture of baby greens with balsamic vinnegrette and goat cheese.

My hubby doesnt like quiche - so I fool him and tell him its a frittata and he buys it every time.

I think I'll make two. One with green chile, cheddar & bacon. One with spinach, mushroom, asparagus and maybe goat cheese too! Yum! Probably our fave salad-romaine, mandarin oranges, tomatoes, cukes, carrots, gorganzola, pecans, homemade croutons and don't forget the avocado!

Think I'll buy premade crust. Lame, I know, but I haven't the time to make from scratch this weekend. I've never bought premade before, anyone have a favorite brand?

corazon90 said:
I think I'll make two. One with green chile, cheddar & bacon. One with spinach, mushroom, asparagus and maybe goat cheese too! Yum! Probably our fave salad-romaine, mandarin oranges, tomatoes, cukes, carrots, gorganzola, pecans, homemade croutons and don't forget the avocado!

Think I'll buy premade crust. Lame, I know, but I haven't the time to make from scratch this weekend. I've never bought premade before, anyone have a favorite brand?

What is a cuke?
That salad sound really good.

corazon90 said:

The Pillsbury brand is just fine, corazon. You get two to the package.

great site texasgirl!

i love making quiches! they all look really good, especially the ones with cheese!!!

i make one similar to the cream cheese quiche they have listed, however instead of swiss cheese i use smoked cheddar and i add sundried tomato. http://www.virtualcities.com/ons/tx/s/txsa8011.htm

the cream cheese gives it a nice tang!

i think ill be making one this weekend too!

I can always go for a quiche!

Well, actually my favorite is more like Lorraine with spinach. I also like to take a basic Lorraine recipe (Swiss cheese - no Velveeta, American processed Kraft's Singles, or Chedder, please) and use shrimp, crawfish, crab and/or oysters (or a mixture thereof) in place of the ham - but you have got to keep the bacon juice. :LOL:

It's ironic - I was looking around yesterday in preparation for "spring cleaning" (making a plan of attack) and when I saw my quiche plate/pan/thingie (Pyrex French White Quiche thing) realized that I hadn't made one in about a year.

Way too easy to make to not indulge myself more often ...

Back
Top Bottom