Green curry paste

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

marissa82

Assistant Cook
i bought some of it and made some yummy chicken with it, :chef: but i still have heaps left...i was wondering if some people could post some great recipes using green curry paste.

thanks heaps

hmm i think i might post this in some of the other forums too:)

Did you make a thai green curry with it? Or just use it to marinate the chicken?

If you make a thai green curry with it you can use any number of ingredients, including but not limited to; mushrooms, tofu, tempeh, eggplant, fish and prawns (and many others).

A can of coconut milk, and some chicken stock (about half & half, I guess). Shrimp or thinly sliced chicken breast. Lots of herbs: cilantro, parsley, kaffir lime if you're lucky, lemon grass if you're lucky. If not lucky, a bit of zest from a lemon and a lime. You can add some fresh chili peppers if your green curry paste isn't hot enough. You can either serve as a soup or you can pour it over a big scoop of rice. Serve with lots of fresh herbs on the side. Sometimes I add a touch of rice vinegar to the soup to make it a little mor tart. Green curry paste never goes to waste here.

A neighbor uses Thai curry pastes to marinade chcken wings before grilling them. Yummm!

Yes - I freeze mine too. Same with red curry paste & tomato paste. I just spoon 1-tablespoon portions onto a sheet of wax paper on a baking sheet & stick it in the freezer. When frozen solid, I usually just put them all in a ziplock bag, although last time I tried the new press-&-seal plastic & it seems to work quite well. I put the layer of frozen tablespoon portions on one sheet, add the top sheet, & then press around each individual tablespoon. When I need one, I just cut it out of the sheet with scissors.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom