Dinner tonight on a rainy 3/28

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LEFSElover

Executive Chef
good rainy day!:rolleyes:

I won't be cooking tonight as I have a doctor appointment set up for my mother at 5:45 pm. I have to get her, take her there, do the appointment, then drive her home, then drive me back home 55 miles. I won't be home until very late. We'll eat out at Outback or something.

Anyone cooking tonight?

We have one of our tea parties this afternoon, so I will have some kind of shortcut menu for dinner.

It will be almost 23 when we come back from the gym so it ought to be something quick... I will fry up some hamburgers with edam cheese, slices of tomatoes and guacamole out of the freezer!! Maybe we will have some beer to wind down too:)

I have to work all night so I'll probably just wing it, but last night I made fusilli with ricotta and pecorino - pretty darn tasty for such a simple dish.

Phantom of the Kitchen said:
I have to work all night so I'll probably just wing it, but last night I made fusilli with ricotta and pecorino - pretty darn tasty for such a simple dish.

Hey that sounds really good... do you remember exactly how you did it?

invited out tonight
but it will be good...knowing my hosts...something with sausages (their passion)

Tonight is likely the toughest night of Lent for me - tonight is the homebrew club meeting at the local brewpub, and I can't drink beer! :wacko:

The food's good pub fare, though. Probably a rueben and fried mushrooms.

John

My mother is in Mexico volunteering for a dental organization that goes to areas of the world that don't know much about dentil hygene and teaches and does some work on their teeth.

That means that dad is home alone and that could spell trouble, so my brother wife and I will take him out to dinner tonight. I think we are going to try a new Mexican restaurant that just opened up near our house. Hey I just now realized as I type this that mom is in Mexico and we are going to Mexican tonight :LOL:

It's raining here too, lefse. Pouring!

Don't know whay we'll be having for dinner but I can tell you what we're having for breakfast, as soon as dh gets home with the eggs. We'll be having chocolate chip pancakes with strawberries and whipped cream. Man, I am so hungry!

I'm hoping to get invited to the neighbor's for dinner. She's making orange chicken, it's good. I'm not one to invite myself over though, so we'll just see if she calls. She hinted at it yesterday so I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Got to come home early today so I have more time to prepare than usual.

So....fresh string beans for sure, cooked in a little water until they are limp with some bacon and chopped onion, and lotsa black pepper. Got some boneless beef ribs in the fridge that might have to hit the pan tonight.

King's Hawaiian dinner rolls (auntdot-go to the Giant at 29 and Linton Hall, I'm tellin' ya).

Have one of those package dessert thingies to make little cherry cheesecakes, or I could run out for a bag of choc chips to make Alix's brownie #2.

It's sunny and warm here in Maine (warm to me that is, which is about 55 degrees right now). I'm making chimichangas, with sides of refried beans and a spicy rice.

DH Is going to the Marine Corps League meeting tonight so I'll have left overs from the KFC I brought home yesterday for my two sons who were taking all the dead wood off of an old Almond Tree..really old. At least since 1958 when these homes were built in and around an Almond Orchard.

I might make parmesan crusted pork chops in a mushroom sauce with mashed potatoes and a salad. Not sure, everything is frozen solid.

Toots said:
I might make parmesan crusted pork chops in a mushroom sauce with mashed potatoes and a salad. Not sure, everything is frozen solid.
that sounds wonderful...yummy:chef:

Back
Top Bottom