Sunrise Smoothie (simple but unbelievable!)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gemini

Assistant Cook
Fill your blender half full with orange juice. Add a 28 ounce can of peaches (with mandarin oranges is fabulous), drained. Add about a cup of your favourite yogurt (like French Vanilla or Strawberry) and blend.

Use this as a base recipe for endless combinations and you'll never buy juice blends from the Tropics again!

Sorry its been two months, but could you kindly expand on this recipe a bit more?

"My blender half full of OJ will not accept 28 oz of peaches, let alone mandarin oranges of unknown quantity"

Yoghurt on top of that?, Well, okay...(I could even go for a banana -or two, given quantities!- into this mix)....

Its just my "blender" is of limited capacity, and will "erupt" if so tasked...

Lifter...

???

Gemini said:
Fill your blender half full with orange juice. Add a 28 ounce can of peaches (with mandarin oranges is fabulous), drained. Add about a cup of your favourite yogurt (like French Vanilla or Strawberry) and blend.

Use this as a base recipe for endless combinations and you'll never buy juice blends from the Tropics again!

You're right, Gemini has a big blender! Sounds like a great Friday night special.

How do we fix this recipe or decipher it into something meant to be yummy?

My blender (standard kitchen) is 1/2 gallon (2 qts).
change the orange juice to frozen orange concentrate (maybe 2-3 oz)
change the 28 oz can of peaches to 1/2 cup frozen peach slices (unsweetened)
choose between orange juice and mandarin oranges and omit the unchoosen.
add plain yogurt (6 oz)
blend and serve.

infommerical taletale: you'll never buy **** again.

Sounds wonderful. Try vanilla yogurt with fresh bananas and strawberries (or mixed berries) with orange juice. It's a favorite here.

There was this smoothie place I used to love, the guy made every single one of his smoothies Non-Dairy, They were absolutely the best, I never tasted smoothies that werer that good before or after this place closed down. Unfortunately.

There was this smoothie place I used to love, the guy made every single one of his smoothies Non-Dairy, They were absolutely the best, I never tasted smoothies that werer that good before or after this place closed down. Unfortunately.

It's can be very difficult for a company that is doing something a little different, even if it is great, as people are often times afraid to try it out... :cool:

I made my son a smoothie a few minutes ago. He is a college athlete and is trying to gain muscle and eat healthy. In my vita-mix I added a banana, some frozen strawberries, some raw flax seeds (golden), a scoop of whey protein powder (vanilla), some vanilla flavoring, medjool dates for sweetener (pitted), soymilk and ice cubes. He raved about it. It could also be made with water instead of soymilk and the protein powder could be omitted.

This reminds me. I made some Jello instant pudding the other day, and decided to use rice milk. It never set, so I had it for desert in a glass. The next morning I was in a hurry, so what did I have for breakfast, unset butterscotch pudding, made with rice milk. Yummy...:cool:

Non dairy smoothies are not difficult - just use soy, almond or rice milk. Soy smoothies are splendid! And smoothies in general are so easy and fun. Seriously - just clean out the fridge and dump it in the blender! We're vegetarians, so I put a couple spoons of soy protein powder in ours too. Might be a bit chalky for some, but I actually like the thick consistency it gives a smoothie. Frozen berries are cheap and always available, and the idea of using OJ concentrate was genius.

One has to be careful when one is combining orange juice (I don't know if concentrates apply here, but I imagine they do), with milk, because it has a similar effect to making plastic. The difference... You stomach is the holding tank. - Take Care Bri

Non dairy smoothies are not difficult - just use soy, almond or rice milk. Soy smoothies are splendid! And smoothies in general are so easy and fun. Seriously - just clean out the fridge and dump it in the blender! We're vegetarians, so I put a couple spoons of soy protein powder in ours too. Might be a bit chalky for some, but I actually like the thick consistency it gives a smoothie. Frozen berries are cheap and always available, and the idea of using OJ concentrate was genius.

Back
Top Bottom