Quesadilla Recipes?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mr_Dove

Senior Cook
I can't believe that there wasn't a single occurance of the word quasadilla on the forums. Must be because its so hard to spell. I'm pretty sure my spelling is correct.

What is your favorite recipe/ingredients? A few of my favorites are cheese, chicken, red bell peppers, onions. bacon bits, cilantro, green chiles. Sometimes a can of some cheese soup mix for creaminess.

Mr_Dove said:
I can't believe that there wasn't a single occurance of the word quasadilla on the forums. Must be because its so hard to spell. I'm pretty sure my spelling is correct.

What is your favorite recipe/ingredients? A few of my favorites are cheese, chicken, red bell peppers, onions. bacon bits, cilantro, green chiles. Sometimes a can of some cheese soup mix for creaminess.

Do a search on this spelling QUESADILLA. You'll get better results.

I like chicken, salsa, guacamole, jalapeños, cheddar and scallions. Sometimes I make a pizza quesadilla with sauce, pepperoni and mozzarella.

I don't use a recipe. I usually start out with cheese or chicken and add to that as I think about other things. Yesterday for lunch we had cheese and I made fresh salsa. It was delicious.

I don't use a recipe either. I just use what I have lying around. I always have a variety of cheeses and just about any of them are good in a quesadilla. Often times I will make one with just cheese and some spices (cayene, chipotle pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, smoked Spanish paprika, and many others) and that is it. Other times I will use any leftover meats and/or veggies I have around.

My biggest failure was trying to use leftover Chinese food in a quesadilla once though. I don't know what I was thinking :sick:

GB said:
...My biggest failure was trying to use leftover Chinese food in a quesadilla once though. I don't know what I was thinking :sick:

GB, I told you hot and sour soup wouldn't work in a quesadilla.

GB said:
I don't use a recipe either. I just use what I have lying around. I always have a variety of cheeses and just about any of them are good in a quesadilla. Often times I will make one with just cheese and some spices (cayene, chipotle pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, smoked Spanish paprika, and many others) and that is it. Other times I will use any leftover meats and/or veggies I have around.

Same here GB.......quessas and omelets are wonderful to use up some of those extras in the fridge.

Cheese & chicken are my favorites. I particularly like cheese ones for a quick snack - 2 flour tortillas, some grated cheese, a hot cast iron pan, & a pair of kitchen scissors to cut them into wedges.

A creamy cheese like Monteray Jack, scampi with a bit of cumin added and chopped green onions is really good.

Back
Top Bottom