Hello everyone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

em_wight

Assistant Cook
Hi there,

My name is Emilie. I live in Australia and am currently studying Business/Media and communications at a Univeristy named QUT in Brisbane. I am looking forward to swapping recipes with you all!! I have a very keen interest in cooking and particularly enjoy creating great dinners for my family and friends. My Mum actually has a birthday coming up soon and I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for a three course dinner combination that works fabulously? I have to serve about 10 people and will only have a day to prepare so any tips would be gladly appreciated!! I hope to get some replies soon! Until next time, take care! Em x :chef:

Welcome to DC, Em!! You will get some very good replys soon. I've never hosted a party that big, so, unfortunately, I can't help you, just wanted to welcome you to the site.

Welcome Emilie! Pasta dishes seem to always go over well with larger gatherings. You might want to check out the pasta forum for some ideas. I'd serve it with a salad and bread. For dessert I'd probably buy an angel food cake and make a berry topping to serve with it.

Here are some ideas....note the serving sizes and adjust:

Pasta Dish:
http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/recipes/recipe/0,,FOOD_9936_31356,00.html

Salad Dressing: I just have an assortment to accomodate. And I'd buy prepackaged salad.....I love the Spring Salad Blend. The Italian Blend is really good too.

Angel Food Cake with Berries:
http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/recipes/recipe/0,,FOOD_9936_27102,00.html

Buying the salad prepackaged and a store bought angel food cake will save you a lot of cooking time.

Hope this helps!

Hello Emilie, - Houston, Texas welcomes you to this sight. I hope you find what you are looking for. BBQ is a Texas favorite, specially big at birhtdays. Nothin better than a cold potato salad and some spicy warm beans ( or not spicy) with a southern flavor. Don't forget the Sausage (any brand) We prefer brisket. But, Ribs are my fav. Slow grilled wrapped in foil. All the trimmings. Pickles, onions and bread. German Chocolate Cake yum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Let me know what you decide.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom