Boy Bike problems...need help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tancowgirl2000

Head Chef
My 8 year old darling son......let me clear my thoughts......ok, he has this thought of putting the card board on his tires to make that awful hideous sound. Last year I tried the card thing with the ol' clothes line pins to no avail. This year just rope. I KNOW all you men and adventerous ladies out there have the secret to this mystery...please help my son fullfill his long destiny of driving mothers like me up a wall even further.

:) I know what your talking about but I dont for the life of me remember how to do it after all it was the 1960s I think it had to do with plastic drinking straws or playing cards.

If the bike has fenders, it's easy. Clip one end of the card to the fender brace that connects the fender to the middle of the wheel. The other end of the card should stick into the spokes.

We used to use extra baseball cards. Of course, if the bike has no fenders, your only chance is to use the fork that holds the wheels on.

I could be crazy, but are there not things on the market to make that noise? I know, why pay??? I remember the clothes pins and playing cards.... worked like a charm til you wore the card out... sometimes we would double up the cards to get a more intense noise. My guess is that bikes are not made like the ones I had with the banana seat and goofy plastic basket on the front and the goofy bell. Might be harder to achieve with "modern" day bikes!

tancowgirl2000 said:
I KNOW all you men and adventerous ladies out there have the secret to this mystery...please help my son fullfill his long destiny of driving mothers like me up a wall even further.
Just go buy him a minnie-bike/go-cart and a helmet Tanis. Boys will be boys... and break things while they have fun doing it - nothing you can do about it.:-p:LOL: :ROFLMAO:

ahhh dear MJ....way cheaper to attach something that doesnt go fast nor break........besides, if i did that id have heart failure.......but thanks anyways

Oh goodness I remember those days LOL! I used to ride my sisters bike because it didn't have that "ahem-Buster-bar" down the center, besides, she had outgrown it. It had a bananna-seat, high handle bars and that extended, inverted U seat bar up the back :mrgreen:

I rode that bike into the ground.

Andy said the same thing I was going to say, we used baseball cards, but then that was back when you could get a pack of 10 (with a piece of gum you could shave with) for about 25 cents. Now-a-days they're "Collectables".

Thinking back it seems I used a clothespin too, clipped to the bar that held the mud guard on but then the forks kids have now-a-days are a lot thicker and most don't have front mud guards anymore.

You can pick up a automotive hose clamp at any Wal-Mart (and even in most grocery stores) and once you screw it down, leave the "tail" piece sticking out where you can clip a card onto it. It might work. Either that or get a longer clamp and let the tailpiece stick into the spokes.

Hose Clamp

What kind of bicycle is it? If I could find a picture of it on the web it might help us figure out an option for you.

~ Raven ~

You need to download the correct sound and upload it to the bike through the USB port in the seat :LOL:

ROTF GB!!! Ahhh I bet all the kids do that these days!...I like the thought of the hose clamp Raven but wont it mess up the spokes? He has a mountain bike with shocks. hehehe....lots of help hey? He's gone to the skate park with it right now so I couldnt tell you otherwise. Itd be easier if he had a BMX.......why cant things just be simple anymore? Wonder if I could use the hose clamp but some how make a clip type thing with it for the card? Does that make any sence? Coming from me, , probably not. Well now that my brain is kinda rolling, I now need to go out to the shed to explore....thanks for some kinda help. Ill let you know what I ended up doing.:ROFLMAO::wacko:

Back
Top Bottom