Leftover pork

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Constance

Master Chef
I wonder if I'm the only one that has this problem with leftover pork...unless it's shredded and in a spicy sauce, to me it always has a bit of a strong, funky taste. I'm talking all kinds of pork here, even leftover pork chops or grilled pork steaks. Today I ate some leftover pork roast that I knew was absolutely fine, I still got that taste.
My husband says that's just the way pork tastes, but I always love it the first night.
Am I crazy? (well, maybe I should word that differently...:wacko: ) Do any of you ever notice this taste in leftover pork?

I too, frequently have pork left over. Just the two of us now, kids out and about. A pork tenderloin is more than we eat at one sitting. I still BBQ a whole shoulder. etc.
I do not recall any funny aromas. I do see my shredded pork shoulder has more fat in it after it cools than it does when hot.
After re-heating it is not as noticeable.
Aroma?, nothing wierd to me.

I haven't noticed a different taste, but I usually use barbecue sauce or gravy with my leftover pork since it tends to be a bit dry without it.

not a problem here. Make a pork pie...potatoes carrots celerey onion artichoke hearts etc the left over pork cut up, stew toether for a bit, broth thyme pepper (salt if needed) thicken with a little wondra instant gravy flour, put in a caserole and top with a pre made crust...bake till crust is done and contents bubbly (40-45 min at 350* usually does it) sprinkle crust with grated cheddar cheese, let melt for 3 more minutes and serve! really good

Back
Top Bottom