Pampered Chef?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

momerlyn

Cook
I don't know too much about Pampered Chef; my daughter received the pizza stone for her bridal shower, and it looks like a good product. She is talking about hosting a PC party. I was wondering what other people think about the quality of their stuff... I know we have at least one dealer here, and I'd appreciate your input as well!

My daughter is hosting one tomorrow night. I don't do that stuff, but she gave me a catalogue, and I have about $50 picked out. What I bought were kitchen tools...a spreader, asst spatulas, a cool roller, a sugar/flour shaker, a scraper...
things I know I will use.
They had some woven trays I liked a lot, but I can't think of when I'd use them.
They also had one item I would have bought if I still made a lot of pies. It's a little hinged plastic thingie that wedges in to keep your pie together after you have taken a few pieces out.

The quality of their stuff is very good. I know of a lot of people who use their pizza stone specifically. The problem I have with them is their prices. If Roberlyn hosts a party though then that is a great way to go as she could get some free things.

I have about $300 of pampered chef. My sister has even more. I love the stuff. The only problem I have ever had with the stones, DO NOT put anything frozen on it and then bake it. It will break. Granted, they will replace it. I stuck a frozen pizza on it and craaaaackkkk. I haven't done that again. I have the measuring cups, spoons, wooden spoons, chopper, slicer, mixer cup, grater, pizza stone, micro cookers, cutting boards, spreaders, spatulas {I love the big one that is like a spoon} 3 pitchers, I can't think off all the other stuff:LOL: Anyway, it is expensive, no doubt about that, but, I think they're worth it with the warranties. Just watch the little icons that are by the product and it will tell you the warranties. 1 is 1 year, 2 is 2 and so on. An L is lifetime. The spices are good too. I have 8 of their cookbooks too.

We have several PC items including the pizza stone. I think their quality is quite good but more expensive than comparable items sold elsewhere.

Pampered Chef items are WAY overpriced.

For example, this apple slicer/corer from Pampered Chef
2427_h.jpg
sells for $11.50 US. I bought the very same item at LKe Gourmet Chef for $3.99 US. This is my second slicer/corer. The first one lasted for close to 20 years.

the idea of pampered chef parties is to force your friends and relatives to buy overpriced kitchen items because they have to, or risk looking cheap and insulting the host. granted, the quality is good, but like caine said, you can get the same quality at more than half the price without really trying.
somewhere, some m.b.a. marketing guy realized the point of sale presentation was the key to moving product, and you can gouge a customer if you can work an angle like social stigma.

Caine said:
Pampered Chef items are WAY overpriced.

For example, this apple slicer/corer from Pampered Chef
2427_h.jpg
sells for $11.50 US. I bought the very same item at LKe Gourmet Chef for $3.99 US. This is my second slicer/corer. The first one lasted for close to 20 years.
I picked up a similar one, at the Dollar Store about 3 years back.

Pampered Chef is OK...but too pricey for me!!!!

Thanx for all the responses! Definitely looks like fun stuff with a price tag... I hate to ask people to shell out just because they are coming to a party, but I do know people who love PC and will come just because of that. Anyone else would be warned before hand... if we do it.

My sister used to sell Pampered chef. It seems to be good quality, although much of it is gadgety and pricey. I don't like specialty stuff cluttering my kitchen. The one product that people seem to rave about is the pizza stones. I have a circular one and a rectangular one. I don't like what it does to a pizza crust.

I do, however use them to make flat bread. You can heat the stone in 450 degree oven and it retains the heat. In my experience, this works much better than cookie sheets or pan frying.

Texas, I ended up ordering their Cinnamon Plus spice mix...looked really great, with cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, ground orange peel, cloves and ginger.
I'm glad to know I'm getting quality stuff...mainly I wanted to help my daughter out.
Another thing I ordered was a cool little implement called a baker's roller, that "evenly shapes dough on flat surfaces and up the sides of baking dishes, with dual-sized rollers on each end and a detachable pastry tool that creates fluted edges and pierces crust for ventilation". At $15.50, it was the highest priced thing I ordered, but I think I will find it very useful. Besides, it's for a good cause.

I know they have a web site for their salespeople to enter orders. I can't imagine that they don't have a consumer website.

Pretty much agree with everything that's been said here.
I bought the pizza stone from my ex sil many years back. Still have it and use it regularly. I didn't go for thier one use kitchy items though.
John.

Constance said:
Texas, I ended up ordering their Cinnamon Plus spice mix...looked really great, with cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, ground orange peel, cloves and ginger.
I'm glad to know I'm getting quality stuff...mainly I wanted to help my daughter out.
Another thing I ordered was a cool little implement called a baker's roller, that "evenly shapes dough on flat surfaces and up the sides of baking dishes, with dual-sized rollers on each end and a detachable pastry tool that creates fluted edges and pierces crust for ventilation". At $15.50, it was the highest priced thing I ordered, but I think I will find it very useful. Besides, it's for a good cause.

I have that one too!! It's a lot easier when doing small things than bringing out the big rolling pin!! I love their spices. Lots of tast to them!!

Back
Top Bottom