What to eat with veggie curry?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

htc

Head Chef
Hey, I made a veggie curry (Thai style) with 3 different types of potato. I don't want to eat it with rice, too heavy and filling. Anyone have any ideas what to add to make a mean (other than rice)?

Thanks!

Naan would be ideal, the Indian bread. But if it is not available some types of flat bread, like Turkish bread or pita should suffice. I like couscous with curries, too.

I would go with the whole wheat tortilla unless you can get Indian roti or

chapati which are wheat flat breads eaten with Indian food. It will be less
filling than naan or pita bread.

Rice and chapati. I find the rice helps absorb the curry, and the chapati helps scooping up the two. That is if you use your hands like I do without cutlery.

Thanks for all the suggestions. I might try the flat bread. This was my first time trying to make a non-Vietnamese style curry. Turned out pretty good. DH votes for Vietnamese noodles too.:)

I serve my Indian curries with rice, naan bread, & always a yogurt Raita. With Thai curries I always serve noodles - rice noodles if I have them on hand.

If your supermarket doesn't carry rice noodles in the Asian section, sometimes the pasta or gourmet section of the market will carry a product called "Notta Pasta", which is a rice pasta. It's great stuff for Asian dishes. http://www.nottapasta.com/

I like Israeli couscous - sometimes called pearl couscous with my curried veggies.

I think I'm getting some dinner ideas!!!!!!!! :)

Back
Top Bottom