4/26 Special: Duo of Tuna and Yellowtail

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ironchef

Executive Chef
The yellowtail being used is kanpachi, which is a young yellowtail. The ahi is the same as yesterday which was yellowfin.

Wakame and Scallion Crusted Ahi Tempura with Ponzu Beurre Blanc and Miso-Glazed Yellowtail with Citrus Vinaigrette and Shiso Oil
Braised Lentils, Heirloom Tomato, Pea Shoot Salad, Roasted Fingerling Potatoes

$37.00

Attachments

• ahicombo.jpg
    ahicombo.jpg
    273.8 KB · Views: 205
IC- You always make such fabulous meals for the people you cook for. I'm curious, do you cook this way for yourself as well? Like for example, when you are at work (you work in hotel restaurant, correct?) do you have "menu food" for your lunch/meal breaks or something else?

I'm always curious what the "pros" eat... I once dated a head chef who would eat McDonald's cheeseburgers for lunch! Hehe.

grumblebee said:
IC- You always make such fabulous meals for the people you cook for. I'm curious, do you cook this way for yourself as well? Like for example, when you are at work (you work in hotel restaurant, correct?) do you have "menu food" for your lunch/meal breaks or something else?

I'm always curious what the "pros" eat... I once dated a head chef who would eat McDonald's cheeseburgers for lunch! Hehe.

On the days that I work, I usually eat two meals at the hotel. I'll usually have lunch in the cafeteria or I'll get something small from the cafe restaurant. For dinner, I'll usually eat something from whatever restaurant I'm covering, or banquets. Most of the chefs and cooks I know hardly do any cooking on their days off and eat out a lot, and not usually healthy. I'll admit that I'm a Mickey D's junkie too, as well as Pizza Hut, In-N-Out, Quizno's, and Blimpies. Where I live in LA there seems to be a restaurant every 10 feet so it's really easy to take a 5 minute walk to grab a bite, rather than go grocery shopping, cook, and then clean.

At home, I'll sometimes cook for my GF and I but it's usually something simple like pasta, or a one pot braised dish like coq au vin. Unless it's a dinner with family or friends we usually get take out or we eat out because it's cheaper than cooking for me and her, plus the last thing that I want to do on one of my days off is to cook.

Ironchef,
I remember you were working in Hawaii...did you miss the mainland? I can't imagine trading the Islands for L.A.
Marge~Dove:ermm:

Dove said:
Ironchef,
I remember you were working in Hawaii...did you miss the mainland? I can't imagine trading the Islands for L.A.
Marge~Dove:ermm:

I like to travel and I like Cali so that was part of it. I've been working in LA for about a year now and keeping my eye out for any good openings back home in Hawaii.

Back
Top Bottom